Paypal teams up with big brother.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rog Tallbloke
(tallbloke) - F

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
Paypal teams up with big brother. on 04/14/2010 00:19:48 MDT Print View

Effective June 1st, the following changes to Paypal UK privacy policy. Your only option if you object, is to close your account: Is something similar happening in the States?

* Amendment to the PayPal Privacy Policy

1. Disclosure to Third Parties other than PayPal Customers

The Privacy Policy is being amended such that PayPal may disclose certain PayPal customer information to the following additional third parties for the following purposes:

Credit Reference and Fraud Agencies
RSA Security Inc. and RSA Security Ireland Limited To verify identity All account information

Marketing and public relations
Yesmail Inc. (USA) and Responsys (USA)
To fulfil e-mail marketing programs of PayPal services and promotions.

Name, e-mail, address, business name, domain name, account status, account preferences, type and nature of PayPal services offered or used and relevant transaction and account information.
Carrenza Limited To store user data for marketing campaigns. Name, e-mail, address, business name, domain name, account status, account preferences, type and nature of PayPal services offered or used and relevant transaction information.

Operational services
Transcom Worldwide (UK) Limited (UK), Newman & Company Limited (UK), To collect debt Name, address, date of birth, telephone number, account number, e-mail, account type, account status, last four digits of financial instruments account, account balance, details of account transactions and liabilities, name of funding source provider.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Paypal teams up with big brother. on 04/14/2010 00:24:34 MDT Print View

Fine by me. I've been trying to get PayPal USA to close my account for over six months now. First, I had to cancel the credit card that they had on file. They don't seem to take a hint.
--B.G.--

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Paypal teams up with big brother. on 04/14/2010 05:15:08 MDT Print View

Is there nothing sacred any more?