November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
B-Grip, Carry option for large cameras?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
B-Grip, Carry option for large cameras? on 04/13/2010 11:50:32 MDT Print View

This looks promising, presuming it makes it across the Atlantic into our stores. Have any European forumites seen one?

I've only found sketchy information but it looks as though it could attach to a pack's waist belt, providing alternative to a chest harness. I don't know I'd want a five-pound load tugging at my pack belt, but half that could be manageable. And I wouldn't be
dripping sweat on it.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: B-Grip, Carry option for large cameras? on 04/13/2010 13:07:31 MDT Print View

Rick, I have seen a similar model offered in the states. At first, it looks interesting, but I don't think it is right for me. Primarily, I keep my wildlife camera setup in a big padded Lowepro holster when hiking along the trail.

andrea corticelli
(kento) - F
b-grip accessories for backpack on 04/30/2011 04:57:13 MDT Print View

Hi all.
I'm Andrea from Italy.
I would like to show you a new accessory for b-grip camera holder.
Any comment will be very appreciated.

Will Webster
Adorama on 04/30/2011 09:26:55 MDT Print View

Adorama sells it in the US:

An interesting idea. If it was compatible with the Arca-Swiss type dovetail plates most serious photographers use it would have a lot larger potential market.

andrea corticelli
(kento) - F
b-grip accessories for backpack on 04/30/2011 11:25:03 MDT Print View

May be it will sound strange for you but here in Italy the arca system is not so popular even between professionals. The b-grip plate fits Manfrotto heads pl200 and the Velbon PHD series.
I never had the opportunity of testing the b-grip plate on an arca head.
The compatibility is not to be excluded. Does anyone have the dimensions of the arca head?
Yes I know Adorama sells it... B&H too. I'm the italian manufacturer. The backpack adapter is a new item and will be for sale very soon in the US...hopefully. :)

Edited by kento on 04/30/2011 11:27:16 MDT.