November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
"Tahitian Pond" Video
Display Avatars Sort By:
Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
"Tahitian Pond" Video on 04/08/2010 14:05:44 MDT Print View

One of my latest hobbies is “film making”. Bellow are links to You Tube videos I made of a backpacking trip I make every year. It is certainly not a light trip by any stretch, but I thought I’d post them here anyway.

Tahitian Pond - Part 1

Tahitian Pond - Part 2

Edited by Hitech on 04/08/2010 14:09:52 MDT.

Justin Carter
(orangebananas) - F

Locale: San Francisco East Bay
vid on 04/08/2010 20:54:27 MDT Print View

That was a fun little video

Nice waterfall!

Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Thanks. on 04/10/2010 14:06:13 MDT Print View

Thanks. It was fun to shoot and quite the learning experience. I have a whole new respect for Les Stroud (Survivorman). That little walk was maybe 15 minutes each way. It took me over four hours to film that and I didn't do everything I wanted as it was getting late.

And I've always thought it was a cool waterfall. And it's bigger than it looks, probably 30 feet tall. :8^)

Nate Davis
(Knaight) - F

Locale: Western Massachusetts
Nice! on 04/10/2010 14:49:45 MDT Print View

Enjoyed the video, Larry. It looked like an awesome trip! How much camera equipment did you have to lug around with you?

Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Camera equipment on 04/10/2010 14:56:27 MDT Print View

Not nearly as much as you would think. The camera (w/battery and tape) is 1 lb. The tripod was 2 lbs. That's all I had. I now have bigger/more batteries so I'd also take along more tape, but it is still not terribly heavy.

The camera is a Sony HC28. Perfect for light weight filming in my opinion.