Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: Minimalist bivy/bag cover

Display Avatars Sort By:
Morgan McWilliam
(morgofborg) - F
WTB: Minimalist bivy/bag cover on 04/02/2010 11:30:23 MDT Print View

I just purchased a Hexamid tarp earlier last week off of gear swap, and quickly came to the realization that I will need a new bivy. I am currently using an older Equinox bag cover that is rectangular instead of being tapered. The Hexamid is only about 30in wide at the ends, so my current bivy hangs out like 5-6 inches. Doh!
I will always use the bivy paired with a tarp, so am looking for more of a minimalist bag cover than a full featured stand alone bivy sack. Obviously, the lighter the better, because if the bivy is too hefty, I might as well just use one of my larger tarps. My Equinox bivy weight 9 oz., so am looking for something around that. Not over 1 lbs. Montbell, MLD, or the like. Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks,
Morgan

Walter Underwood
(wunder) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Modify your bivy? on 04/02/2010 13:58:04 MDT Print View

You should be able to shape the foot of your bivy. Turn it inside out, mark a triangle along each side, sew and trim.

You can tape it to try it.

If you want to buy new, the Titanium Goat bivies are affordable and light. They don't show a side zip, but you can ask them to put one in for a modest extra charge.

Edited by wunder on 04/02/2010 13:59:27 MDT.