Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Starbucks coffee container

Display Avatars Sort By:
Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Starbucks coffee container on 05/14/2006 01:51:29 MDT Print View

We had a manufacturer's rep do a presentation at work last week and he brought in bagles and some Starbuck's coffee in a cardboard box with a foil bag in it. I jumped on the empty bag right away :) They are some sort of heavy laminated plastic and foil with a screw cap about 1" diameter. Capacity must be close to a gallon. They are heavier than the bags you get with boxed wine. (I left it at work or I'd have more accurate specs). It's the right shape for a decent pillow too. I'll have to get by a Starbucks and see how much they charge for them.

Matt Porter
(onehappycampster) - MLife
coffee traveler on 03/06/2009 16:04:33 MST Print View

the cost is $12 full-o-java. if you still need some let me know. I work for sbux.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Starbuck$ containers on 03/06/2009 23:58:02 MST Print View

Thanks, but this thread is 3 years old!

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Starbuck$ containers on 03/07/2009 03:41:39 MST Print View

So's the coffee...

Robert Strickland
(robstr) - F

Locale: Central Texas
Starbucks container details on 12/14/2009 12:40:05 MST Print View

I know this thread is old, but I just ran across an empty one. Here are more details: Starbucks calls it the "Coffee Traveler." The stated capacity of coffee in the box is 96 fl. oz. (2.8 liters). Unfolded as shown out of the box, the bag holds about 180 fl. oz., (1.4 gallons or 5.5 liters).

TBladder from Starbucks Traveler

The lid doesn't seal well. It appears the gasket is too thin. This looks to be an easy fix.

Empty weight (wet) is about 2.5 oz.

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: Starbucks container details on 12/16/2009 12:56:22 MST Print View

I went into Starbuck's some time after the first post and asked if I could get one of the boxes with the bag. They just gave me a new one and there was no charge. I haven't been able to get the lid to seal properly.

Doesn't matter I got a pillow from Bender.

Edited by redleader on 12/16/2009 12:59:45 MST.