Forum Index » GEAR » solomon laces

Display Avatars Sort By:
Leigh Baker
(leighb) - F

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods
solomon laces on 03/26/2010 21:46:31 MDT Print View

has anyone had experiences replacing these? The manuf. says they can be replaced.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: solomon laces on 03/26/2010 22:11:23 MDT Print View

Been there.
Done that.
Easy, though not cheap - $15 ??

Ask your local Solomon dealer.

Quinn Nelson
(QNelson) - F
REI on 03/26/2010 22:52:20 MDT Print View

Most REI's have the replacement lace kits in stock and will replace them for you.

Gary Boyd
(debiant) - F

Locale: Mid-west
Just curious... on 03/27/2010 06:00:48 MDT Print View

How long did you have the shoes before you had to replace the laces?

Justin Tremlin
(notu) - F

Locale: Central Washington
Re: Just curious... on 03/27/2010 06:57:24 MDT Print View

I've personally never had to replace my laces on Salomon running shoes (the shoe usually gives out first). My running partner though, about three years. But he should have thrown away those nasty shoes well before the laces went out.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
salomon laces. on 03/27/2010 10:53:39 MDT Print View

yes, the laces suck. if you need some good info on how to install the replacement set, skip the poorly written instructions and go to the user comments for the product on the REI page for them. some folks have written up some helpful comments!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: salomon laces. on 03/27/2010 11:16:21 MDT Print View

Same as Justin. I really like the Salomon lace system. I'm on my second pair now -- the soles wear out long before the lace shows much signs of wear. Of course, now that I said it...

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: solomon laces on 03/27/2010 13:04:59 MDT Print View

Always wondered if the laces off an old pair could be reused on another?

Edited by jshann on 03/28/2010 06:20:50 MDT.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: solomon laces on 03/27/2010 14:36:21 MDT Print View

One new shoes the bottom eyelets are sewn around the end loop of the lace. If you cut the eyelets on the old shoes you would have an intact loop that you could thread the lace through after going through the eyelet. It is easier to see and do than to explain.

R K
(oiboyroi) - M

Locale: South West US
Re: solomon laces on 03/27/2010 15:47:51 MDT Print View

you could always skip the very first eyelet and then just lace them up like regular shoes with any cord ya like.

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: solomon laces on 03/27/2010 16:52:35 MDT Print View

If your laces go before your soles then you need to get more "agile, mobile and hostile" (borrowed from a famous coach).

: )

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: solomon laces (reuse old kevlar laces) on 03/28/2010 06:21:29 MDT Print View

To reuse old kevlar laces, I would consider cutting off the lace end loops and pulling the cord out of the old pair of Salomons, leaving the lace locks intact. I would then lace my other shoes from the top and tie the end pieces together where they meet up at the front/toe of the shoe. I'm not sure what knot would be best.

Just took mine off an old pair of Salomons and laced up, from the top, my pair of Golite Sun Dragon II's. The kevlar laces are shorter so I skipped the bottom row of loops and it seems to work fine ; ).