WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts
Display Avatars Sort By:
Frank Steele
(knarfster) - F

Locale: Arizona
WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts on 03/24/2010 13:22:36 MDT Print View

If you have any older Heavy gear you never got rid of (yeah, that old external frame pack you know you still have somewhere), and you want to sell it. Please PM me,

My Boy Scout Troop is looking for used back packs, 2 man tents and synthetic sleeping bags etc.

Thanks

Kyle Crawford
(getupandgo) - F

Locale: SouthEast
. on 03/25/2010 00:55:30 MDT Print View

PM Sent

Paul Hansbarger
(paulhansbarger) - F

Locale: Western Montana
old gear on 03/25/2010 07:43:27 MDT Print View

I have a pile of stuff at my folks' house i can grab when I'm up there in a week. Definitely got an older Lowe Alpine pack and a Eureka internal frame pack (which went with me to Philomont when I was a Scout) and probably some other stuff. How much / what all do you guys need?

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
Tax write-off? on 03/25/2010 08:01:37 MDT Print View

I might have two packs, two pads, and a tent. If you just paid shipping, could you send me a receipt for a charitable donation for, say, $300?

garry pollard
(pollardg) - F

Locale: SF east bay
Re: Tax write-off? on 03/25/2010 08:29:40 MDT Print View

Charities cannot value gifts they can only accept them. It is up to you to put a fair value on the donation and then be able to defend that value with the IRS if they audit you.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Tax write-off? on 03/25/2010 08:55:45 MDT Print View

Dean,

You can go to Its Deductible to get an idea of values. I don't think they have backpacks, but they do have other items listed.

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
let me look on 03/25/2010 09:02:58 MDT Print View

let me look and see what I have. I might be able to find some stuff for you.

Greg Kittridge
(gkitt80) - MLife
Backpack on 03/25/2010 10:45:24 MDT Print View

I have an old Jansport backpack, internal frame, that I would be willing to part with as I most likely would never use it again now that I have 2 UL packs.

Send me a PM so we can arrange shipping, etc.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts on 03/25/2010 12:12:46 MDT Print View

Frank,

Just checked out in the garage. I have a Mountainsmith Frost Fire III internal frame pack and an early model Sierra Designs Super Flashlight tent. Both are in good condition. You can have them. Send me a PM.

Michael Crosby
(djjmikie) - MLife

Locale: Ky
Re: "WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts" on 03/25/2010 12:31:46 MDT Print View

I have 2 external frame packs about 5-7 years old in excellent condition I will let you have. PM me.
Mike

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: WTB your old heavy gear for Boy Scouts on 03/25/2010 13:44:51 MDT Print View

I believe I still have an old Army mountain ruck/external frame if you want it. It has my name on the lid in magic marker, but other than that is still in good condition.

I also 'think' I still have an old gore-tex camo Army rain jacket w/hood, circa something like late 80s, early 90s, if you want that.

I'll check when I get home tonight. Let me know if you're interested.