FS: MontBell vest, HH Wind Shirt, Lg
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

Locale: Boulder
Vest sold, shirt moved on 03/15/2010 23:26:56 MDT Print View

Defunct

Edited by Jaddleman on 03/20/2010 10:38:20 MDT.

Evan Chartier
(evanchartier) - M
Vest on 03/16/2010 00:15:05 MDT Print View

I would like a picture of the vest please. Very interested. I hope Im first in line! Pays to stay up late...
Evan

John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

Evan's #1! on 03/16/2010 01:03:23 MDT Print View

Montbell Tag Montbell Vest

Sorry it's just phone pics. I forgot to say the prices include shipping to ConUS.

The shirt has a couple marks from climbing chalk. I can wash it if you like, but I don't have any DWR to reapply.

Edited by Jaddleman on 03/16/2010 15:11:07 MDT.

Matthew Richardson
(redmatt) - F

Locale: Midwest
Vest on 03/16/2010 02:11:01 MDT Print View

If he doesn't take it I will.

John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

still available on 03/16/2010 15:09:55 MDT Print View

PM sent to Matthew. Drop on the shirt to $35 shipped!

John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

bump on 03/18/2010 17:57:23 MDT Print View

Vest is pending. Hop in line if you like!

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Locale: Hopefully on the Trail
Vest on 03/18/2010 23:51:21 MDT Print View

I got 60 shipped for the vest!

John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

thanks but... on 03/19/2010 12:41:45 MDT Print View

I've already accepted money and agreed to ship the vest. Even though you are offering more, I feel like I still have a responsibility to that member. No hard feelings?

In other news, the wind shirt is now $30 shipped ConUS ($25 local pickup). I bought a new, hooded one (was going to make one myself but the sale was too good!) and this must goooo!

edit: pricing whoopsy

Edited by Jaddleman on 03/19/2010 12:42:20 MDT.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: thanks but... on 03/19/2010 12:50:22 MDT Print View

Peter,
This is only your second post, so no biggie, but just so you know....

There was an instance on Gear Swap a few weeks ago where someone offered more than the selling price to try and trump someone who had already said they'd take the item for the asking price. Things didn't turn out well, and there was a lot of discussion on the ethics of the matter.

While there aren't any hard rules against this, its generally frowned upon to offer more money if the item has already been sold or the sale is pending.

And I agree with John that since he already struck a deal with someone, at this point it should be honored.

So, just a friendly heads up with Gear Swap! :)

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Insight on 03/19/2010 18:15:09 MDT Print View

I appreciate your input, but as an experienced internet buyer, I know how the deal works. If it wasn't sold, I was willing to pay more. Seeing that it is sold now, which has now been confirmed by the buyer, I would back off from the sale. Glad to see it sold.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 18:30:06 MDT Print View

FWIW, being an experienced internet buyer doesn't mean you're an experienced BPL gear swap buyer. That's not to say you're the only one on this site who thinks like you do - you're obviously not. But at the moment I believe you are in the minority. And quite frankly, from the past thread Travis alluded to, the (vocal) majority here hopes that the BPL gear swap doesn't turn in to an experienced internet buyer free-for-all. Just an opinion, not an edict, as your action was certainly not against any rule.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 18:34:10 MDT Print View

Oh boy, here we go again...

Edited by ben2world on 03/19/2010 18:35:19 MDT.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 18:36:14 MDT Print View

...doesn't have to be that way.

Could be folks are listening and learning.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 18:41:26 MDT Print View

"Oh boy, here we go again..."

Now Ben, everyone is being quite civil and reasonable. No reason it can't stay that way.

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Elitist on 03/19/2010 19:10:18 MDT Print View

Well since clearly new people aren't welcome here, I'll stay away from the forums/gear swap. I can get most of my gear from other sales reps anyway for much cheaper. I just don't know the Montbell guys. Everyone should be much more friendly here if you want the forum to grow and continue to offer more and more information/benefits. Taking an elitist attitude toward new people isn't all that welcoming.

For the record, having around a thousand transactions on Ebay, being a premier member of pbnation.com, which is a paintball forum that has 500 THOUSAND+ members of which at one point I'd done the 2nd most sales/purchases on there, I think qualifies me to understand how sales on forums goes. Please don't take a condescending tone, as there isn't a book written on forum buying etiquette and to think the BPL forum is any different then any other buying forum online is just ignorant.

Matthew Richardson
(redmatt) - F

Locale: Midwest
Vest on 03/19/2010 19:20:56 MDT Print View

Bros I think some of us just need to get out for a hike. Thanks for the vest.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: on 03/19/2010 19:25:13 MDT Print View

Bye, Peter.

Jonathan Boozer
(anywayoutside) - MLife

Locale: South East
Re: Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 19:25:41 MDT Print View

Dang it Ben... I hate when you are right.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 19:28:04 MDT Print View

Howdy Jonathan -- oh well, all's well that ends well.

I'm glad Matthew got his vest. Just hate it when someone -- newbie or not -- barges in with a "me me me I'll pay more". Legal, but hardly civil.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Insight on 03/19/2010 19:46:57 MDT Print View

*Sigh*