Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
private messages
Display Avatars Sort By:
brent driggers
(cadyak) - MLife

Locale: southwest georgia
private messages on 03/15/2010 16:48:15 MDT Print View

I know this is dumb and I know that I need to upgrade my eyeglass prescription,but I cannot find a page to manage my PM's. Is it somewhere in plain view and I am just missing it?
thank you for any help.

Edited by cadyak on 03/15/2010 16:49:57 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
private messages on 03/15/2010 16:51:31 MDT Print View

Check the sidebar on the right side of your screen, under community @ BPL. Look for change my profile. Go there. email box towards center of screen.

Jim W.
(jimqpublic) - MLife

Locale: So-Cal
Ultralight re:private messages on 03/15/2010 16:51:59 MDT Print View

This is an ultralight forum. To save weight the messages disappear once sent.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: private messages on 03/15/2010 17:14:45 MDT Print View

Ken:

I think you misunderstood Brent's question. Jim is correct. BPL does not keep any PM's sent or received -- so there is nothing to manage -- except to indicate in your profile the email address you want PM's sent to.

Edited by ben2world on 03/15/2010 17:24:45 MDT.

brent driggers
(cadyak) - MLife

Locale: southwest georgia
thanks on 03/15/2010 18:07:14 MDT Print View

Yeah, sometimes it is nice to be able to go back through your old messages but it will be nice to not ever have a full box though.
Is there an indicator on the website that says, "you have a pm? or is it just through your e-mail?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: thanks on 03/15/2010 18:54:10 MDT Print View

It's just through your email. Here's how it works:

1. Someone PM's you with a message.
2. BPL sends you an email that contains the message and a link. Delete this email and the message is gone forever.
3. You read the message and click the link to open up a webpage where you type in your reply and click "send". If you want a copy of your reply, copy/paste it somewhere to your PC before you click "send"!

One thing I often do out of habit -- I read the email and hit "reply" instead of clicking the link! This sends your reply to BPL instead of to the hiker/sender! "Fortunately", BPL will bounce your reply back with another email to let you know you made an error.

BPL's PM system is definitely screwy.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
private messages on 03/16/2010 15:20:06 MDT Print View

OK I see. mine just go to trash. where they are retrievable until permanently deleted.