Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Timo Anttalainen
(timoa)

Locale: Finland, Espoo
Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use? on 03/14/2010 10:02:21 MDT Print View

I try to cut pot support thing away from jetboil pot. I do it too fast and accidentally make hole in it. Actually 4 holes... So it doesnt work anymore as a pot.

Rubbish or something else? Woodstove? Do you have some ideas what to do with broken pot?

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use? on 03/14/2010 10:59:21 MDT Print View

You could get it fixed if you have a friend that can weld aluminum.

Anne Walker
(JonnyWalker) - F
Heat diffuser on 11/12/2010 18:48:50 MST Print View

I almost did the same thing when I was drilling the spot welds off mine. Might make a decent heat diffuser for frying if you cut it off flush at the bottom of the pot. Could then sandwhich it under another pot to try and get a more even heat pattern, especially if the other pot is ti.

Jeff Antig
(Antig)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Jetboil pot and holes in it. Any other use? on 11/13/2010 06:11:09 MST Print View

Hi Timo,

You can use sealing rivets or solid rivets to plug the holes. They should hold water being that it is what holds most household pans/pots handles onto the pan.

Edited by Antig on 11/13/2010 06:13:04 MST.

Brian Cripe
(brian.cripe) - F

Locale: Midwest
JB Weld on 11/13/2010 06:21:31 MST Print View

If the holes are fairly small, you can probably patch them with a heat-resistant reinforced epoxy like JB Weld, and still have a viable pot to use.