Forum Index » Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Like to hear yourself talk don't ya? on 03/13/2010 15:51:08 MST Print View

"I assert that many of you simply like to hear yourselves talk."

I do! I do! Sometimes I even record myself talking to myself, and then listen to it while I'm drifting off to sleep. Very soothing. Sometimes I even touch myself while I listen ..... aw gosh, now I'm blushing.

Jonathan Boozer
(anywayoutside) - MLife

Locale: South East
Re: Re: Like to hear yourself talk don't ya? on 03/13/2010 15:56:23 MST Print View

Doug, Doug, Doug.....well you full blown cracked me up, but I think you need to seek professional help. Maybe a nice young lady who sells snow shovels could counsel you.

Edited by anywayoutside on 03/13/2010 17:27:49 MST.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Ode to Douglas on 03/13/2010 16:13:23 MST Print View

"Sometimes I even touch myself while I listen ..... aw gosh, now I'm blushing."

This one's for you, Douglas

I love myself
I think I'm grand
I go to the show and I hold my hand
I put my arm around my waist
And get so fresh I slap my face

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Ode to Douglas on 03/13/2010 16:16:06 MST Print View

LOFL!

KEN LARSON
(KENLARSON) - MLife

Locale: Western Michigan
***So Mote It Be*** on 03/14/2010 09:02:53 MDT Print View

I believe we have come "full circle" with this thread and it needs to be put to "sleep".

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: ***So Mote It Be*** on 03/14/2010 09:12:16 MDT Print View

I believe we have come "full circle" with this thread and it needs to be put to "sleep".

I don't want to be contentious, but if people are having a good time with a chaff conversation why not just let them have their fun? The discussion here is harmless. And very interesting, to boot!

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Duh? on 03/14/2010 18:45:53 MDT Print View

Well just got back from a short overnight trip away from the computer and. . . dang!

Oh to the idiot (ehem Isaac) who told me:

“If you don't have anything to contribute, don't bother typing. This is chaff, how many times have people had to say that in the past week. This is CHAFF for a reason. We are just having a lively conversation here that’s all.”

Well big boy as you pointed out THIS IS CHAFF. It’s ok though as I’m sure you where too busy listening to yourself talk to notice you managed to contradict yourself and sound like a hypocrite in less than 50 words.

Edited by chadnsc on 03/14/2010 18:49:33 MDT.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Douglas's self love . . . on 03/14/2010 18:50:09 MDT Print View

Douglas, for the love of all things holy! That is not a mental image I even remotely wanted to be made aware existed!

I agree with Mr. Boozer that you need to seek counseling from a nice young lady that sells snow shovels. :P

Just promise us all one thing . . . don’t video tape yourself. For the love of god please don’t video tape yourself!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Douglas's self love on 03/14/2010 19:05:14 MDT Print View

Doug, If you go blind how will you read the forums?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Douglas's self love on 03/14/2010 19:17:25 MDT Print View

"Doug, If you go blind how will you read the forums?"

My iMac has text-to-speech capability. As long as BPL is 508 compliant, I'm good to go!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Douglas's self love on 03/14/2010 19:22:43 MDT Print View

Well you got it all figured out. Go back to what you were doing. Just don't tell us what it is.

Dean F.
(acrosome) - MLife

Locale: Back in the Front Range
Apex on 03/15/2010 08:54:56 MDT Print View

@Isaac-

The only thing I would point out to Isaac is that the human brain is NOT "more evolved" than any other brain functioning today. We aren't the apex of anything. That is a basic misunderstanding of evolution.

There is no apex.

(There is no spoon...)

A bloodworm is just as exquisitely evolved for its niche as humans are. You can't even claim that humans are more complex than other animals- because we aren't. We're just specialized in different ways. A crayfish has more chromosomes than we do, for example. As do many plants- though that's a technicality, because they tend to be polyploid.

That said, I do, personally, place a bit of cache upon sentience. I think it imposes upon us a higher standard of behavior, as Craig alluded to. Just because we can do something doesn't mean that we should. Because we CAN do some pretty dramatically horrible stuff. Oppenheimer, anyone? Ergo morality, et al.

@Tom-

I guess I agree- Timothy Treadwell was "harmless enough." Well, unless you count that friend whom he convinced it was safe to frolick with feeding brown bears like they were in some sort of reality Disney movie...

@Douglas-

Wow. That's an image that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Especially if you look at all like your avatar. Puppy self-abuse is never pretty.

Edited by acrosome on 03/15/2010 09:28:16 MDT.

David Olsen
(oware)

Locale: Steptoe Butte
Re: ***So Mote It Be*** on 03/15/2010 09:31:02 MDT Print View

"I believe we have come "full circle" with this thread and it needs to be put to "sleep".

I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those contentious
"gear" threads.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Re: Apex on 03/15/2010 09:39:19 MDT Print View

"Especially if you look at all like your avatar."

I'm the one in front.....

Time to go put on The Divinyls.....

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Full Circle on 03/15/2010 09:45:31 MDT Print View

"I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those contentious
"gear" threads."

Heh, heh.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Timothy on 03/15/2010 17:32:13 MDT Print View

" guess I agree- Timothy Treadwell was "harmless enough." Well, unless you count that friend whom he convinced it was safe to frolick with feeding brown bears like they were in some sort of reality Disney movie...

@Dean

That's what I meant when I mentioned feeding the animals. But, then, she was over the age of consent, and probably had visions of The Darwin Award dancing in front of her eyes. I wonder if she realized that it is usually awarded posthumously? Anybody know if she won?

"A bloodworm is just as exquisitely evolved for its niche as humans are."

+1 Yes, indeed, perhaps even more so. I mean, how many millions of years have bloodworms been around anyway?
Any bets on us lasting half as long?

"Just because we can do something doesn't mean that we should."

So much knowledge, so little wisdom, what I like to call assymetric intelligence.

Edited by ouzel on 03/15/2010 17:33:51 MDT.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Shut up Tom! on 03/16/2010 11:58:12 MDT Print View

Be quiet Tom, you're sidetracking a perfectly good thread about Doug’s odd appearance and his sexual deviancies.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Shut up Tom! on 03/16/2010 12:03:33 MDT Print View

Tom, what's "ASSymetric intelligence?"

I'm thinking its people with their heads up their asses.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: Like to hear yourself talk don't ya? on 03/16/2010 12:09:59 MDT Print View

"Sometimes I even touch myself while I listen..."

You can see Doug here.

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: "Wolves kill teacher in Alaska" on 03/16/2010 12:48:00 MDT Print View

Doug, YOU are certifiable. Hahahaha