Forum Index » Community Support Forum » Why Page 1 after posting a reply

Display Avatars Sort By:
Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Why Page 1 after posting a reply on 03/11/2010 09:26:45 MST Print View

Quick question.

Assuming a thread has more then 1 page; Why do I get sent to Page 1 when I reply to a post or add a new post. It's bugged me forever but thought today I would finally ask!

I always want to look at my post after to verify it turned out the way I intended it to. In order to do this, I must click to go back to the last page to view it. Would it not make more sense to return the poster to the last page of the thread after they post a reply?

Of course, not a major issue at all, but that additional mouse click is really taking away time from my daily life. ;)

Edited by Steve_Evans on 03/11/2010 09:27:45 MST.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Why Page 1 after posting a reply on 03/11/2010 09:28:59 MST Print View

I've often asked myself the same question.

Ben Smith
(goosefeet) - MLife

Locale: Georgia
Re: Re: Why Page 1 after posting a reply on 03/11/2010 10:07:19 MST Print View

Also, when going to a watched thread notification link, you get sent to the first page, instead of the most recent post.

John Addleman
(Jaddleman) - F

Locale: Boulder
Agreed. on 04/10/2010 01:56:00 MDT Print View

I personally would also appreciate being able to adjust the number of posts per page, or even being able to set it to always 'show all'.

Mike McHenry
(mtmche2) - F
Re: Agreed. on 04/10/2010 02:16:28 MDT Print View

I personally would also appreciate being able to adjust the number of posts per page, or even being able to set it to always 'show all'.

+1

I am glad you said this. This is something that bugs me even when online shopping. I like to see all 300 products on one page if thats what it takes. Its just easier to follow that way, IMO.