Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
$119 at Eddie Bauer - First Ascent Downlight Sweater
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Z
(Feather) - MLife
$119 at Eddie Bauer - First Ascent Downlight Sweater on 03/06/2010 15:33:45 MST Print View

Found this on sale for $119 in the Eddie Bauer store today. Don't know how long the sale will last.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Still $169 on the website on 03/06/2010 16:01:17 MST Print View

I guess they must have seen this thread too!!

Justin Carter
(orangebananas) - F

Locale: San Francisco East Bay
Sale over? on 03/06/2010 16:03:07 MST Print View

Is it over? I only see it for $169.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Long over. on 03/06/2010 16:35:29 MST Print View

The price went up IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR 30% off sale. It was listed at 119 on the website, but landed in the cart at $169

I emailed them a week ago, but haven't heard anything back. The fact that it's in-store (OP) at $119, but not on the website honestly makes me think that they have seen this thread, and don't want to miss out on the rush of orders.

The truly ridiculous part is, that it's only available in XXL in one colour. It just smacks of either arrogance or REALLY poor marketing to me.

Rod

Ryan Longmire
(longmire) - MLife

Locale: Tejas
Whittaker sale on 03/07/2010 07:19:34 MST Print View

Whittaker (EB's partner in crime for the First Ascent stuff) has the Downlight Sweaters for $135. Still not as cheap as in store, but cheaper than EB.com..

http://www.whittakermountaineering.com/cat/1215/on-sale/insulation/first-ascent/mens-downlight-sweater

Michael Williams
(mlebwill) - F

Locale: Colorado
In store sale... on 03/07/2010 10:12:27 MST Print View

I went to the store yesterday and they are $50 off. Sounds like a good deal and I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe today or tomorrow but I'm in-between sizes. The XL is just a little too tight across the chest and shoulders and the XXL is huge.

I did ask how long the in store sale would be going - the sales lady who was clueless about technical gear didn't know. But she did say the promos were updated every Wednesday, but it could change any day depending how well the marketing campaign was going.