A simple asking for help post.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Perry
(hikertom84) - F
A simple asking for help post. on 03/04/2010 16:18:00 MST Print View

Hi,

My name is Tom Perry, There was an issue earlier regarding me and a bunch of other folks about me asking for a helping hand.I was very poilte for the beginning of it, just asking folks for stuff they might have extra, or stuff that they dont need.U know the kinda stuff u bring to a Thrift shop.Well as you know it got out of hand, and I would like to apoligize for any inconvienience i might have caused you and everyone at Backpackinglight.I was only trying to reach out for some help, when some of the people tried accusing me of lying about the situation.I had just one typo with age and it was corrected in the midst of it all.I am just not having any luck trying to put the pieces back together again.I do know that some things are more important than others, and have tried almost everything people suggested me to do.I know it seemed like i lost my cool, and im sorry for that, its just i was getting attacked from every direction!I know many of the people during that whole mess didnt believe me and wanted nothing to do with it, but I think they could have handled it much more responably as with me.I want to thank you ladies and gentlemen there that did end up helping me out, it means alot, and it doesnt go unnoticed.I am looking forward to finally having at least a couple nights warm sleep with some of the stuff that is being sent.I do understand this place to be not for that sort of thing, and was most definetly not begging for anything.I put the more important things first, when it comes to getting my life back together, and know that things like getting a job and stuff are those things.I was told by someone to try it out, and see what happens,thinking that it wouldnt hurt to try.It was all good, until they trid to tare my story apart, like it was a giant FIB.[Not the case here] So again I apoligize for any issues or problems i might have caused you all.I truly thought that my fellow hikers were the nicest people in the earth, and it just seems like i was mistaken, mabye because half the poeple i was arguing with were young and stuck-up I reallydont know.Thank you for your time, and enjoy some good hiking in the following months.Cheers and God Bless!

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: A simple asking for help post. on 03/04/2010 16:36:15 MST Print View

Everyone, please do not dignify this with a reply. I know (I've been there, so believe me, I know) that it is very possible that he is down and out and might very well really need some help, and when you get down and out like that it can be very hard to be reasonable or not let your emotions get the better of you. If he was someone we have all known for a while, helping out would make sense, but for someone to just suddenly appear and tell such an inconsistent story is both taking advantage of all of us and is just not safe, not through the internet. We have no way of knowing if he is for real or not. The very least he could do is be polite (I truly thought that my fellow hikers were the nicest people in the earth, and it just seems like i was mistaken, mabye because half the poeple i was arguing with were young and stuck-up. Therefore I urge you to steer away from this thread and just let it lie.