Rab acquires Integral Designs
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/03/2010 17:28:39 MST Print View

http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2010/03/02/rab-acquires-integral-designs.html

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/03/2010 20:50:42 MST Print View

So mid 2011 all consumer products will go to Europe for manufacture and be harder to come by?

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
Hmmmm on 03/04/2010 11:46:15 MST Print View

I don't think that production will move to Europe. If it moves, then more likely to Asia. Otherwise I hope that both continue to make the top-notch kit they have made thus far.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/04/2010 12:46:39 MST Print View

Was ID all tuckered out from the Olympics?

Such mergers and acquisitions are always fraught with the danger of watering down the acquired brand and as always, here's hoping that doesn't happen here. Integral Designs has always brought a Pacific Northwest sensibility to their gear design that rendered them unique (see also, ArcTeryx before their buyout).

Equip/RAB clearly isn't Salomon or VF Corp, so perhaps they will remain as before, which would suit me just fine.

re. the Trailspace article. Is it possible for M&A press release language to not contain "synergy"? I suspect there's a law requiring its inclusion.

Cheers,

Rick

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/04/2010 17:33:42 MST Print View

It will be an interesting partnership, if only because they each produce some similar, overlapping products with the same or similar technology.

I suspect Hendrik is correct - manufacture for ID would move from Calgary to China. I am a little sad by this.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/04/2010 17:36:48 MST Print View

Time for me to get the ID bivy I've been thinking of lately.

John Whynot
(jdw01776)

Locale: Southeast Texas
Re: Re: Rab acquires Integral Designs on 03/04/2010 18:59:06 MST Print View

>>re. the Trailspace article. Is it possible for M&A press release language to not contain "synergy"? I suspect there's a law requiring its inclusion.

And don't forget the classic "the brands will realize efficiencies"

It looks like the items ID makes for the military/police markets will still be made in Calgary...