Evernew EBY255 TiDX Stove Set
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Evernew EBY255 TiDX Stove Set on 03/01/2010 18:50:21 MST Print View

Has anyone seen or used this new stove set-up by Evernew? The burner looks like the Trangia burner except it's made of titanium. The whole stove set-up only weighs 3 oz. It's definitely not cheap - $87 seems a lot to me. But it's certainly lightweight for a burner, windscreen, pot support, and something they call a "turbo plate" which sits over the burner. It looks cool, though. I wonder if BPL could do a test of it?

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Forgot --- on 03/01/2010 18:51:19 MST Print View

Forgot to mention that it's an alcohol stove; they sell a bigger set that can burn wood, alcohol, or Esbit fuel tabs.

John Kays
(johnk) - M

Locale: SoCal
Evernew Alcohol on 03/01/2010 19:13:38 MST Print View

Kathy, not sure if you had a question or just wanted have a general discussion. There have been a few threads regarding it as well as an initial announcement awhile back by Ryan Jordan that it was on its way.

Definitely a cool looking stove and the combined set is compounds the coolness. The price is obscene but some may disagree, particularly sellers.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Evernew Alcohol on 03/05/2010 11:11:12 MST Print View

Definitely expensive, but if it conserves alcohol while boiling faster, and still works well with food, then I think it could be worth it. It is somewhat on the heavy side, but for long hikes the weight could be mitigated by carrying less alcohol and burning more wood.

Jim MacDiarmid
(jrmacd) - MLife
Re: Re: Evernew Alcohol on 03/05/2010 11:20:47 MST Print View

Pictures of it in action here