Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Locale: Morrison, CO
WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition on 03/01/2010 00:12:06 MST Print View

i was wondering if anyone had a 4th edition copy of "fixing your feet" around that would like to sell it for around $10 shipped. please pm me or email me at tedehrlich80227@yahoo.com

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Re: WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition on 03/01/2010 23:45:05 MST Print View

bump

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Re: Re: WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition on 03/03/2010 22:53:08 MST Print View

i guess i'll try another bump, and if no one wants to sell one, i'll just go to amazon.com

Kathleen B
(rosierabbit) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition on 03/03/2010 23:32:21 MST Print View

Ted- have you read the book? I checked it out from the library. Both Mr. B and I thought it was a sorry mix of content-free information and a discussion of the obvious.

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Re: WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition on 03/04/2010 00:59:32 MST Print View

no i haven't. they don't have a copy of it at the fort collins or CSU library, and i don't feel like being that guy that sits in the bookstore reading all the books without buying them.

i really don't know much about foot care, and i've developed a few blisters from my marathon running schedule. i wear wool socks (either injinji wool or smartwool thin running socks) and i check my shoes for debris before running and during a run if i get hotspots, but otherwise i don't do anything else to take care of them. i figured with all the traveling i do, i should figure out a better way to take care of blisters and other foot problems.

Chris Valery
(fortran42) - F

Locale: Western North Carolina
"WTB: fixing your feet - 4th edition" on 03/04/2010 05:26:22 MST Print View

I own a copy of this book myself(Bought on Amazon). I Totally Disagree with the post stating the book is a "sorry mix of stuff". As a long time runner(Road & Trail) & Hiker myself this is one of the Best Books on Foot Care around. Discussions on Foot Anatomy,Shoes&Insoles,socks,Proper sizing of shoes for multi day/thru hikes/marathons, Blister treatment/prevention,Taping for blister prevention/ Heel Spurs,Sprains..Etc and More.There are numerous discussions with top level runners, adventure racers,hikers regarding problems, suggestions & treatments not a 'One Size fits all" discussion. In reality most runners & hikers/backpackers know very little about foot anatomy, how to properly size shoes for endurance events or how to care for/prevent many common foot maladies. I've had heel spurs for years now and use a taping regimen found in this book to keep running vs Shock wave therapy or surgery. As i mentioned at the beginning I own a copy of this book and i won't part with it as it still is an invaluable reference book book that i continue to refer to. As for "the Obvious" the book has some of that, however, it is Often The Obvious that so often we overlook!If you have been plauged with foot problems and frustrated to the point of ceasing or curtailing your adventures then i highly recommend you pick up a copy and read it thoroughly.

Edited by fortran42 on 03/04/2010 07:46:34 MST.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
In the mean time... on 03/04/2010 09:18:27 MST Print View

While you're waiting for the "deal" on the book, he has a ton of info on his web site: http://www.fixingyourfeet.com/

There are several offerings on Amazon in the ~$15 range shipped.

Edited by dwambaugh on 03/04/2010 09:26:22 MST.

Ted E
(Mtn_nut) - MLife

Re: In the mean time... on 03/04/2010 20:20:03 MST Print View

i just decided to buy it off amazon.

thanks for pointing me to his website. there are a few things on there like those ankle exercises that i can start using. i already do the "spelling the alphabet" thing cause it helps strengthen your shins too.