Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
To All Gear Contributors
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
To All Gear Contributors on 02/26/2010 10:10:21 MST Print View

A quick reminder for those of you who have generously agreed to donate gear to a fellow hiker -- please:

1. click HERE to the centralized donation spreadsheet.

2. Next to each of your item, see if Don has indicated that he would like to receive them (Column E).

3. If so, please ship (Don's mailing address is indicated in RED near the top of the worksheet).

4. Finally, please indicate the date you shipped so Don will know to expect them in the mail.

Thanks!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: To All Gear Contributors on 03/03/2010 19:06:43 MST Print View

Thought I would bump this up as a reminder. To those who have mailed their contribution but didn't update the schedule, can you do so? Thanks!

Evan Chartier
(evanchartier) - M
Don on 03/03/2010 20:06:03 MST Print View

I am still waiting for Don to get back to me, I know he has little internet availability. Anyone heard from him recently?
Thanks
Evan

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Don on 03/03/2010 20:22:49 MST Print View

Hey Evan,
Unless you had a different agreement, my understanding was that he wasn't going to contact us as it would take too long. He would just specify on the spreadsheet if he wanted your stuff or not. I just saw he said yes to my stuff, so I shipped it out.

Evan Chartier
(evanchartier) - M
Don on 03/03/2010 21:42:23 MST Print View

Edit: Shoot I just saw he has the phone number on the sheet- I'll just give him a shout tomorrow. Ive got some more stuff here he might need too. Otherwise I'll just throw this stuff in the mail. Sorry about that!
Evan

Edited by evanchartier on 03/03/2010 22:03:35 MST.

Don (Biloxi) Carter
(donjuan70) - F

Locale: Red Neck Riviera
gear update on 03/04/2010 15:23:05 MST Print View

Hello everyone
very sorry for the long period of not having any access to the net..
but I wanted to update what gear has arrived this week.
pack from mark.v
small alco stove and stand camera and BA pad from mark.v
OP sac,droppers,hydration tube and compass from joe.g
bivy/gram weenie stove/pot/spork and tabs from michael crosby
set of dri ducks from travis leanna
MEC pad and thinlight pad/VBL/stakes/ground sheet/cord from steve evans
petzel headlamp from doug ide
and a nice fire steel from an unknown donor from Oceano,CA...no name
THANK YOU ALL!!
right now I am still needing a bag or quilt I prefer a bag..but will take 1st available
and I am still in need of a shelter system
filter system and some stuff sacks
I am sure some of the other stuff offered may be on the way but I just wanted to give an update
I could really use the wool sets offered by shawn or if anyone else may have a light set and a mid set in large or XL they no longer use
and with that I thank you all for your help
I will update again soon..God Bless
Don

Corey Miller
(coreyfmiller) - F

Locale: Eastern Canada
Just an imposition on 03/04/2010 20:29:59 MST Print View

I think everyones donations to Don are great! Made me love these forums to be honest and the communit. I came into these forums along the time that this was all happening. Gathered some of my gear myself to see what I didnt need for him... Before I could donate anything... everyone totally trumped what I could ever donate..

ie my 6 pound 2 man tent, One of my 5 pound sleeping bags ect.

I am wondering if there is is a need for some to have a forum list for "discount gear" by members. Stuff they can afford to get rid of and that maybe not be in the best of shape.

You guys gave Don a ton of stuff that would take me a year to obtain. I think thats amazing.

But sometimes there are those that are willing to give some sort of monetary purchase to equipment that isnt "top notch anymore" However at the same time... repairable and way better than what we have.

Great luck to him btw! Hope you have an awesome trip! I can tell you lucked out and entirely appreciate everyones offers!

This place reminds me of a bunch of people living in the woods... and sharing to help their fellow man survive.. Brilliant to me!