European discount retailers
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Wilson
(andreww) - MLife

Locale: Vosges
European discount retailers on 02/23/2010 03:11:42 MST Print View

I'm recently arrived in the old-country and am totally unfamiliar with buying gear here, vs. the US. There I know of places like REI, Sierra, Moosejaw, Spadout, etc. where you can get killer closeouts. Right now with the weak dollar, it may be better to ship from the US, but not all retailers do this at reasonable prices.

Where can I go for the same kind of deals here in Europe (I'm in France, Germany or UK are cheap to ship from)? Thanks for your input; perhaps we could create a Wiki page with links.

. .
(biointegra) - MLife

Locale: Puget Sound
Re: European discount retailers on 02/23/2010 13:01:05 MST Print View

I've found some excellent deals at local gear shops in Frankfurt, Fulda, and Kassel ,DE. Just like the retailers in the 'States, they often have hidden gems of slow moving items and the like.

Below are a few online resources and/or retailers and there are more that can be found - most of which seem to be in the UK (remember, no VAT). Try a google search for deals on Rab gear and other European manufacturers of outdoor gear and you should come up with some decent results.

www.trekking-ultraleicht.de (a German online community similar to BPL)

www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk

www.cotswoldoutdoor.com

Edited by biointegra on 02/23/2010 13:02:40 MST.

alan deutsch
(ah_gear) - F
in-store in europe on 02/28/2010 14:22:18 MST Print View

for netherlands: www.marktplaats.nl - ebay bought this company when they could not get the dutch people to use ebay.nl

there is a patagonia outlet in Dublin

for uk: http://www.roughgear.co.uk/MasterType.aspx?master=4

Edited by ah_gear on 03/03/2010 15:47:50 MST.