Forum Index » Chaff » Reader Gear Review Improvements

Display Avatars Sort By:
Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Reader Gear Review Improvements on 04/26/2006 12:30:34 MDT Print View

It seems to me that the reader gear reviews contained within this site are extremely useful. I wonder if anyone feels like I do regarding the titles shown on the main page though? I pop onto the home page a few times a day to see if any recent postings catch my attention, but find that a lot of reader reviews start with "this is great" or some other observation that does not gain my interest because I have no idea what item it might be. I personally think it would make more sense to force the reviewers product to be displayed in the titles. That way if it is a new product I am interested in learning about, I will know right away.

Also, and these may have been covered already, but it seems that there could be room to add a decimal place in the reviewers point system. This being such a precise group, it seems that a 3.8 or 4.5 might be a closer rating in some cases than a 4 or 5.

Just a thought.

Eric Noble
(ericnoble) - MLife

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Reader Gear Review Improvements on 04/26/2006 13:53:35 MDT Print View

For what it is worth, I agree with you completely.

Glenn Roberts
(garkjr) - F

Locale: Southwestern Ohio
Reader gear review improvement on 04/26/2006 14:26:19 MDT Print View

I agree - all reviews should be titled by the product reviewed.

As far as adding a decimal to the rating, I'm neutral.

Karl Keating
(KarlKeating) - MLife
Sort by Date on 04/26/2006 19:45:57 MDT Print View

Forget the decimals. Is there a way to have the reviews--at least within each subcategory--sorted by date? This would make is much easier to find recent reviews.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Sort by Date on 04/27/2006 16:09:06 MDT Print View

oops

Edited by TomClark on 04/27/2006 16:10:50 MDT.

Scott Ashdown
(waterloggedwellies) - F

Locale: United Kingdom
Re: Re: Sort by Date on 04/27/2006 16:47:01 MDT Print View

Hmm, for my part, I would like to see a photo in the initial review of the product concerned. I did post a picture once for a review I contributed to but it was deleted by Ryan (BPL Staff). I guess pictures are not allowed but it would help me identify the product later if I wanted to search for it else where, especially where someones named description of something may not always be the same one used by the manufacturer.

I don't feel the need for decimals in the scoring but maybe increasing the scoring system to a 1 to 10 basis might be more helpful.

Edited by waterloggedwellies on 04/27/2006 16:48:44 MDT.