November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Need help: Bag to Quilt conversion.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ed Barkowski
Need help: Bag to Quilt conversion. on 02/20/2010 08:32:29 MST Print View

I have a Marmot bag that I'd like to convert to a quilt.

Problem is, I can't sew. At all.

Any EXPERIENCED "seemsters" willing to help? I'm happy to pay (a reasonable amount) for your handiwork.

Please PM.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Need help: Bag to Quilt conversion. on 02/20/2010 08:35:51 MST Print View

Tim Marshall at enLIGHTened Equipment converted a GoLite Adrenaline bag to a quilt for me. Great work. Of course, at the moment you'll have to wait 2 months. But if you don't need it right away, he'll do it well and very reasonably priced.

Ed Barkowski
TM on 02/20/2010 09:07:58 MST Print View

I asked him already, and he's not doing conversions anymore.

THANK you for the tip, just the same.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: TM on 02/20/2010 10:54:43 MST Print View

Sorry Ed, didn't realize that.

Timo Anttalainen

Locale: Finland, Espoo
sewingstore on 02/20/2010 11:06:31 MST Print View

Ask your local sewingstore.

I make my old warmpeace summerligth sleepinbag to guilt with very simple plans. I sew line around zip and cut it off. Add snap to close head end. And it's done! Hood pattern was very simple so i dont cut if off. I dont know about your bag but you can try it. Open the zip and add safety pin to hood. If it's good, sewing is simple so i think your local sewing store do it for you.