Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dana S
(Naman919) - F

Locale: Richmond, Virginia
Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 02/18/2010 13:54:53 MST Print View

I used to be in contact regularly with Grant over there at GG and haven't heard back from him since last fall.

Where'd they go?

Also, haven't been on the site in months b/c of a snapped tendon in my ankle but if this has been answered, just usher me in the direction! :)

**crap, just saw my membership expired!

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 02/18/2010 16:14:17 MST Print View

> crap, just saw my membership expired!
Pretty easy to fix!

Cheers

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Re: Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 02/18/2010 16:33:48 MST Print View

I recently had a product with a slight defect and emailed Grant about it. I got a response the next day and a pre-paid shipping label sent to via priority mail. I just sent it off for a repair last week so I don't have it back yet, but I have always gotten great customer service from Grant and the GG crew. Perhaps an email got lost in the shuffle and you should send another one.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 02/18/2010 17:23:07 MST Print View

I just got a package from them, so at least someone is still there shipping things out.

Mark Verber
(verber) - MLife

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 02/18/2010 22:15:19 MST Print View

interacted with glen and grant in the last few weeks. no problem as I would expect from them.

--mark

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
GG on 02/19/2010 00:33:13 MST Print View

I emailed GG back in December with shipping questions about an order I wanted to place. I never did hear back from GG despite waiting several weeks. I ended up just using a less than ideal shipping option which was available through their online cart rather than calling long distance. Once the order was placed I did receive it quickly.

Dana S
(Naman919) - F

Locale: Richmond, Virginia
/: on 04/07/2010 12:56:04 MDT Print View

Still having issues getting a hold of them. I even submitted a contact request via their website with no luck.

I'm planning on doing the AT in two more weeks and need to get in contact with them. I haven't called but usually they are on top of email.

No luck emailing grant, glen, or the site directly.

Most of my gear (backpack, tarp, poles) is GG and I want to make sure my parents can get in touch with Grant/GG to send me replacement gear, should the need arise.

GG, where ya at?

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: /: on 04/07/2010 13:15:25 MDT Print View

This is just speculation, but it could be an email problem on your end.

--B.G.--

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: /: on 04/07/2010 17:42:43 MDT Print View

Since I am a big GG fan, I get quite a few PM's about their products. Several people have gotten feedback on questions sent to GG, and then want to run ideas by me. It sounds like GG is responding to some people. Of course, a phone call is usually the best way... then you know they received your question.

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Re: Re: /: on 04/07/2010 18:06:17 MDT Print View

I sent them an email just the other day and got a response in less than an hour. They must not be getting your emails for some reason.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: /: on 04/07/2010 18:18:35 MDT Print View

I was thinking this thread was old...

but then I read...

Yeah I think its a prob at your end. I emailed them couple days ago and got a response in a few hours.

maybe its going to their junk file.

Maybe they put it there on purpose:)

Jeff McConnell
(Catalyst) - F
Lost in the shuffle on 04/07/2010 18:44:17 MDT Print View

They may have just forgotten. I put a call in late Friday with a question about an order I made that same day. The call was never returned, but the order was shipped Monday. I was hoping to get another product shipped with it, so no point in calling them back. Sometimes people slip through the cracks. I'm sure they're busy.

Blair Gentes
(blastreach) - F
re: Where is everyone at Gossamer Gear? on 04/07/2010 18:48:22 MDT Print View

Without going into details, I have had very poor customer service from Gossamer Gear this winter. Prior to this winter it was excellent, and am hoping for the same in the future.