Juston Taul
(Junction)

Locale: Atlanta, GA
MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) Review on 02/17/2010 19:30:56 MST Print View

Order Placed - December 25th 2009
Order Received - February 12th 2010

49 days from door to door.

Projected Weight - 5.50 oz
Actual Weight - 5.40 oz (does not include guylines)

I have to give credit where credit is due. Ron and his team makes a great product. Everything about this product is top notch. I could go on and on but here are some pictures. They speak for themselves. Just for the record, I don't care if my pictures are used by anyone. Ha! :D

MLD CGS

MLD CGS1

MLD CGS2

MLD CGS3

MLD CGS4

MLD CGS5

Evan Chartier
(evanchartier) - M
Grace on 02/17/2010 20:22:40 MST Print View

Looks like it fell from heaven perfectly placed on trekking poles.
Enjoy

Juston Taul
(Junction)

MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) Review on 02/17/2010 21:32:16 MST Print View

Haha! It a work of art for sure. I hope to see several years of use out of it.

Patrick S
(xpatrickxad) - F

Locale: Upper East TN
MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) on 02/17/2010 22:13:14 MST Print View

Looks like a nice set up. I'm diggin the color.

Robert Recinos
(rgrrecinos) - F

Locale: Redwood City
Re: MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) on 02/17/2010 22:18:32 MST Print View

Looks good, I know you will like it when it sees trail use. I bought one right before Ron announced the Stealth version. The tarps hold up well. Enjoy..

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: "MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) Review" on 02/17/2010 23:04:18 MST Print View

It really looks great, Juston. Congrats!

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Color on 02/18/2010 07:22:16 MST Print View

Thanks guys. Yeah i'm liking the Stealth as well. I didn't really know what to expect, but I made the right choice.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
MLD Grace Solo (STEALTH) on 02/18/2010 07:42:51 MST Print View

I prefer the cloud color and will likely replace my Stealth Grace Solo with the standard version. I love the tarp, quality of materials and workmanship are the best available, I just find it hard to love the color. Just me I'm sure.

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Colors on 02/18/2010 10:01:37 MST Print View

I went with the Stealth thinking that perhaps it wouldn't stand out as much as the standard "white" does. Sometimes I like to go off trail to camp to avoid others. It's like camo in the cuben world. :D

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re: MLD Grace Solo (STEALTH) on 02/18/2010 10:17:51 MST Print View

That's a great pitch and an awesome looking tarp! Can you tell me what height your poles are set to?

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Pitch on 02/18/2010 10:22:04 MST Print View

To be honest it was just a quick setup. I usually go lower to where I can sit up and it not touch my head. This is a pretty limited setup. Weather permitting, it's very comfy.

Leki Poles - Front 130cm / 115cm Rear - 115cm / 100cm

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Re: Pitch on 02/18/2010 10:26:02 MST Print View

Well whether it was quick or not, the pitch looks great. Very taut!

I found that 15cm apart for the front to rear worked for me as well. I still don't get my pitch to be as taut as that though! I have to work on it more I suppose.

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Re: Re: Pitch on 02/18/2010 10:35:04 MST Print View

What tarp are you using? Go set it up and take some pics. I'm sure we can get that problem fixed in no time. Also, watch this video. It might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xAzIIjq6Q4

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Re: Re: Re: Pitch on 02/18/2010 11:03:57 MST Print View

I have the Grace Solo in spinnaker. I would go pitch it with some pics, but we just got some fresh snow in Boston, so it'll have to wait! :-)

I was doing a bit different from that video by staking my corners out before inserting the poles. That made placing the stakes a guess game. Maybe inserting the pole first will help. I've only set up the tarp 3 times or so, all in a park, because I got it towards the end of the last season and was graced with good weather for my last trips.

Juston Taul
(Junction)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pitch on 02/18/2010 11:14:09 MST Print View

It's okay to stake the corners first. It really helps me on a windy day. After you get everything standing, you can re-stake the corners. It's a guessing game at first, but you can refine your choices after. I stake my corners at a 45 degree angle from my trekking poles. Don't be afraid to tighten it down either. You won't hurt it. At least i've never tightened it enough to hurt anything. I'm sure there is a limit... i've just never reached it.

Fresh snow? Awesome. I bet your tarp would look awesome in snow. It's a perfect time to go pitch it. :D

Justin Tremlin
(notu) - F

Locale: Central Washington
When will my sexy tarp get here? on 02/18/2010 13:04:56 MST Print View

I ordered the same tarp on Febuary 5th with a Serenity Shelter in Spintex EXP (instead of SilNylon). I can't wait to pitch mine in the back yard. Spring can't get here soon enough.