Big Sur Bars
Display Avatars Sort By:
Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Big Sur Bars on 04/24/2006 11:27:25 MDT Print View

Since these are not equipment I will not place the review in that portion where I could give them a 5 out of 5. But that is what these delicious bars deserve.

If you use clif, powerbar, or any of the other fairly ubiquitious "bars" for convienient lunch options I would strongly suggest that you try Sig Sur Bars.

If you are put off by the fact that, annoyingly, you cannot buy these in person...don't be! I waited a couple of months for a friend to deliver samples from a store near where they live...and after one bite, realized that was time wasted.

They weigh-in at over 6 ounces, and deliver around 700 calories. The taste it out of this world if you enjoy: cookies, nuts, and natural sweetness. I cannot do the flavor and texture justice, but there is a light cookie bottom and a nut clustery top. It is a joy to chew unlike ALL other bars I have tried. It rode well without falling apart (something I was concerned about given it's seemingly handmade origin) and I was craving them after having one. These would be a mainstream hit if the owners were inclined and had the capacity to do it. Check 'em out!

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
Bars @ Big Sur? on 04/24/2006 12:26:04 MDT Print View

And I thought he was talking about my favorite Big Sur Bar----Nepenthe. They mix a mean Daquiri and w/ the bars location, perched several hundred ft. above the Pacific, give a new meaning to a "Sundowner"

;-)>

Scott Peterson
(scottalanp) - F

Locale: Northern California
Re: Bars @ Big Sur? on 04/24/2006 13:52:48 MDT Print View

Having lived three years on the Monterey Peninsula, I spent many afternoons at Nepenthe. The bar/patio at Ventana is quite nice as well...and although I have not been there, the wading pool at Post Ranch looks to be the best of all of Big Sur opportunities to perch with a view and beverage!

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
bars on 04/24/2006 16:15:04 MDT Print View

Never been there. I have done some hiking in that area (I am from San Jose), where is this bar at? Would not mind a post hike cocktail after hiking in the Ventana Wilderness.

kevin davidson
(kdesign) - F

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson
watering holes of the Big Sur coast on 04/24/2006 17:01:43 MDT Print View

http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/
Cin cin!

And how OT we let this thread become. Perhaps we should try these Big Sur (energy)bars.