Forum Index » Gear Swap » Epic Bivy

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Locale: Great Lakes
Epic Bivy SOLD! on 02/14/2010 19:15:57 MST Print View

Taking offers on a Moutain Laurel Designs Epic Bivy. This came from Ron Bell at MLD and was a "prototype so I am not sure if he ever actually put this model into production. Full epic top with silnylon bottom. Color orange top with grey bottom. No see um mesh vent near face. Drawstring opening at footbox for extra ventalation in good conditions. Length lying flat on the floor is 84". 9 oz on my scale at home. Had an arch wire to hold the bivy up off your face but I lost it, should be easy for buyer to make a new one. Excellent shape. Don't be shy make an offer! I wanna get rid of this thing I am just not cut out for bivies.

bivy

bivybivy

Edited by frankenfeet on 02/15/2010 11:35:34 MST.

Shannan Crosson
(Shannan) - F
I'll take it on 02/14/2010 19:36:47 MST Print View

I PM'd u back on Whiteblaze

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Bivy SOLD! on 02/14/2010 19:40:44 MST Print View

James it is yours. SOLD. Thanks to all who inquired. Sorry Shannan. James just beat you out.

Edited by frankenfeet on 02/14/2010 19:47:35 MST.

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Locale: The-Stateless-Society
Re: Bivy SOLD! on 02/14/2010 21:54:48 MST Print View

You double posting everything on whiteblaze?....

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Whiteblaze. on 02/14/2010 22:08:07 MST Print View

No. I only posted each item once on whiteblaze.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Whiteblaze. on 02/14/2010 22:54:25 MST Print View

Edited by annapurna on 05/02/2010 06:12:23 MDT.

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Whiteblaze on 02/14/2010 23:11:46 MST Print View

Uh yeah I know what he meant. I was just being a wisecracker. I frequently see double posting at whiteblaze and various other sites from many BPLers but I am not going to name names. Doubleposters I shall keep your dirty little secrets. Shall I alert you about other double posters so you can publicly shame them too? I know I am not alone in doing this. And so what if I posted items to BPL that I posted three days ago on whiteblaze. There wasn't any response on the items at whiteblaze so I can't post them at BPL now? I don't really think this is anything new. I can't really believe people are taking time to comment on this based upon the amount of double posting I have witnessed historically.

Edited by frankenfeet on 02/14/2010 23:57:00 MST.

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
um. on 02/14/2010 23:14:58 MST Print View

It is in the rules.

just saying.... it may seem like a dumb rule, but I am sure there are merits to it...

I just can't think of any right now.

Does a mod care to enlighten us on this topic?

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Rules on 02/14/2010 23:28:40 MST Print View

I am willing to acknowledge the fact that this is a rule and I have broken it. However it is widely broken and almost unable to be enforced. I happened to get caught red handed and will be subject to whatever the moderators here decide to do. You guys must be the sort who have never jaywalked. Oh well ho hum you got me. You got the doubleposter!

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Epic Bivy on 02/14/2010 23:32:36 MST Print View

Oops. I've double posted too. Although nothing ever sells on Whiteblaze. I'll be good from now on..........

David Stenberg
(dstenberg1) - F

Locale: South
Double posting on 02/15/2010 07:53:06 MST Print View

I think Roger C. (moderator) said elsewhere that the rule was for those listing their eBay auctions in gear swap. That is what I have understood it to mean. Then again that is my interpretation based on other posts I have read here at bpl. I could be twisting the rules.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Epic Bivy on 02/15/2010 10:29:15 MST Print View

I would support double posting. You snooze, you lose.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Double Posting on 02/15/2010 10:51:02 MST Print View

I've always interpreted "double posting" as meaning posting on more than one branch within BPL forums (e.g. posting FS at Gear Swap and then posting again at G Spot) -- which is, of course, frowned on.

I've never interpreted the rule as dictating that anything for sale posted here cannot be posted anywhere else on the world wide web! THAT would be arrogant to the extreme on BPL's part!! I highly doubt that is the case.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Double Posting on 02/15/2010 17:28:27 MST Print View

OK, this is my take on the matter.

What we do not want is a whole lot of postings (anywhere) which are basically the URL to an eBay auction listing or equivalent. That leads to huge amounts of spam which no-one wants.

I note that the initial posting here did not mention that the item was listed anywhere else. That's fine by me: I am not going to go searching through whiteblaze etc. A pointless waste of time.

> I've always interpreted "double posting" as meaning posting on more than
> one branch within BPL forums (e.g. posting FS at Gear Swap and then posting
> again at G Spot) -- which is, of course, frowned on.
Well, the problem here is not the doubling posting so much as just advertising gear for sale on GSpot. Wrong Forum channel.

Hope this makes it all clear?

Cheers
Roger

Jeffrey Kuchera
(frankenfeet)

Shedding the light. on 02/15/2010 19:05:31 MST Print View

Thanks Roger. The longer this thread dragged on the more unsure I became as to just exactly what was considered proper and improper etiquette concerning "doubleposting".
Best Regards and thanks to all who participated in this discussion. It was a learning experience for me.
Sincerely, Jeff aka Frankenfeet