Very interesting Bill!
A few questions:
- Where did you get the Polygal?
- Looks like the flat metal route is a good idea, and better than tubing. Tubing is tricky to bend without the proper tools.
- Where did you get the titanium? I have bought from Thru-hiker.com and for other applications bought from different large suppliers.
- How thick of titanium will you be using?
- What grade of titanium will you be using?
- I was actually thinking about making my own titanium crampons, in the future, but snowshoes would be nice too. I just don't think I am an extreme SUL in the winter!
Good luck on the snowshoes. I am looking forward to your progress. Looks like they will be pretty expensive snowshoes, but certainly light!