November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Can't Update Gear List
Display Avatars Sort By:
Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F - M

Locale: Northern Virginia
Can't Update Gear List on 02/03/2010 18:07:44 MST Print View

I've tried several times to update my gear list. I click browse, locate the file name on my computer, select it, click "open". The name and path appears in the update gearlist filename box. I click save. I get the message that my profile has been updated, but when I click on my gearlist on-line, it's the old one.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/03/2010 18:35:47 MST Print View

I don't know if I followed what you said, but, are you giving it a new name? Like GearList2...

Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F - M

I tried many combinations on 02/04/2010 20:47:42 MST Print View

I changed the name, I changed the file name, I changed the name and the file name, nothing seemed to work.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 09:04:23 MST Print View

I remember having trouble updating it a while back aswell. I just waited for a bit and then it was there. Maybe I needed to refresh the page, or maybe it just decided to be slow...not sure, but it did work eventually.

On a side note, your current gearlist has only 1 line of text on the second page. Might want to squeeze it down just a tad.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 10:06:06 MST Print View

Please describe what your old and new gear lists look like. I am viewing your current gear list but have no idea if I'm looking at the old one or your new one. Thanks.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 10:29:12 MST Print View

Last time I changed had the same problem; waited on my hands for a day, and the new one uploaded...

Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F - M

All things come to he who waits ... on 02/07/2010 19:23:32 MST Print View

Waiting appears to be the key. After reading the posts here, I checked out my gear list again and lo, it had changed! Thanks to all who wrote.

PS I'll reduce my font size a bit and re-post as a 1 pager soon. Also, posting the gear list proved very helpful. With member advice, I dropped a full pound from my load. Sadly, also $290 from my wallet.

Edited by herman666 on 02/07/2010 19:24:12 MST.