Forum Index » Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't Update Gear List

Display Avatars Sort By:
Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F

Locale: Northern Virginia
Can't Update Gear List on 02/03/2010 18:07:44 MST Print View

I've tried several times to update my gear list. I click browse, locate the file name on my computer, select it, click "open". The name and path appears in the update gearlist filename box. I click save. I get the message that my profile has been updated, but when I click on my gearlist on-line, it's the old one.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/03/2010 18:35:47 MST Print View

I don't know if I followed what you said, but, are you giving it a new name? Like GearList2...

Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F

I tried many combinations on 02/04/2010 20:47:42 MST Print View

I changed the name, I changed the file name, I changed the name and the file name, nothing seemed to work.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 09:04:23 MST Print View

I remember having trouble updating it a while back aswell. I just waited for a bit and then it was there. Maybe I needed to refresh the page, or maybe it just decided to be slow...not sure, but it did work eventually.

On a side note, your current gearlist has only 1 line of text on the second page. Might want to squeeze it down just a tad.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 10:06:06 MST Print View

Please describe what your old and new gear lists look like. I am viewing your current gear list but have no idea if I'm looking at the old one or your new one. Thanks.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Can't Update Gear List on 02/05/2010 10:29:12 MST Print View

Last time I changed had the same problem; waited on my hands for a day, and the new one uploaded...

Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F

All things come to he who waits ... on 02/07/2010 19:23:32 MST Print View

Waiting appears to be the key. After reading the posts here, I checked out my gear list again and lo, it had changed! Thanks to all who wrote.

PS I'll reduce my font size a bit and re-post as a 1 pager soon. Also, posting the gear list proved very helpful. With member advice, I dropped a full pound from my load. Sadly, also $290 from my wallet.

Edited by herman666 on 02/07/2010 19:24:12 MST.