Forum Index » GEAR » NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Meiser
(mmeiser) - F

Locale: Michigan
Re: Re: NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras? on 04/14/2010 19:22:00 MDT Print View

@Bob Blean (blean) said:

"Here is his comparison of NiZn to the Sanyo Eneloop low self-discharge NiMH battery. Again, follow the comments on that review. One of the follow-up comments says (anecdotal, no proof) that cold weather performance is comparable to lithium batteries. If true, that would be interesting -- a good rechargeable cold weather battery."

Damn, I should have bought them already. It's now warm. I'd been using Energizer Lithium in my digital camera all winter long.

Well I'm sure they'll work spectacularly this spring.

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Thanks on 04/14/2010 19:31:01 MDT Print View

Thanks for that clarification. It will take some shakeout time to know what really works. I still have to "goose" certain old cells with an Energizer charger to get the Lacrosse to recognize them as non-defective.And I want it all to work at 12V from the car so we can go cross country. So far I'm guessing Lithium non rechargeable AA's as the price to pay once we hit the trail head.

Robert Blean
(blean) - MLife

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras
Re: Thanks on 04/14/2010 19:45:58 MDT Print View

And I want it all to work at 12V from the car so we can go cross country.

When looking around, I also found a few comments on car chargers, such as these.

--MV

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Thanks on 04/14/2010 19:52:30 MDT Print View

> Lithium non rechargeable AA's as the price to pay once we hit the trail head.
Yep.
e2 lithiums. Lighter per cell, and despite their high purchase price, cheaper than alkalines when evaluated over the number of photos taken.

And MUCH lighter than anything else when you consider what they can replace - one e2 can replace 6 alkalines for instance.

Cheers