Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Alternative placement of cord lock

Display Avatars Sort By:
Thomas Gauperaa
(gauperaa) - F - M

Locale: Norway
Alternative placement of cord lock on 01/17/2010 14:22:10 MST Print View

While taking the sub train to work I noticed someone wearing a daypack where the cordlock had been placed at the middle of the drawstring casing. I had never seen that before and thought it quite clever. What do you guys think?

Made a similar pocket now to use on the G4 that I'm in the process of constructing. I just made reinforced openings in the middle and sewed along the end of each elastic cord. The pocket in question is an angled water bottle pocket, placed like on the Mariposa Plus.

Fully openTightened somewhat

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: Alternative placement of cord lock on 01/17/2010 14:29:47 MST Print View

should work perfect. What mesh is that? where from?

-Tim

Thomas Gauperaa
(gauperaa) - F - M

Locale: Norway
Re: Re: Alternative placement of cord lock on 01/17/2010 14:44:02 MST Print View

It's "heavy mesh" from the G4 kit I bought from Quest Outfitters. Not a big fan of this type of mesh really :), but it's what I 've got at the moment. I would've preferred to use the same as on the Ray-Way pack. That kind is not as stiff, as well as being lighter and more transparent.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Re: Alternative placement of cord lock on 01/17/2010 16:23:44 MST Print View

It LOOKS like Leno (TM) mesh. Very tough stuff, non-stretch, nylon, and I use it for the tensioned back panel of my frame packs. Lasts for ... ever.

Cheers