Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
GG Lightrek 4 Monopod accessory?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Alexander Laws
(goldenmeanie) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
GG Lightrek 4 Monopod accessory? on 01/17/2010 10:38:40 MST Print View

Hi all, didn't want to hijack the other trek pole tripod thread...

I was wondering if anyone has info on a Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 camera mount accessory that they may be releasing?

Looking to basically use one of the poles as a monopod for my Nikon F3HP, without buying some heavy third party add on...

Thanks for any info!

Frank Deland
(rambler)

Locale: On the AT in VA
pole attachment for camera on 02/05/2010 06:15:59 MST Print View

On a related topic...where did I see a small attachment clipped onto the end of a trekking pole to hold a camera? It was not a pole with a built in monopod.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
GG Lightrek 4 Monopod accessory? on 02/05/2010 06:31:24 MST Print View

sticpic?

Frank Deland
(rambler)

Locale: On the AT in VA
for the end of a hiking pole on 02/05/2010 06:46:58 MST Print View

Thanks, Ken. That's it.

http://www.thestickpic.com/

Scott Clayton
(scottclayton) - F
Gossamer Gear Will Have a Camera Mount for the LT4 (Straps Version) Soon on 02/27/2010 12:01:14 MST Print View

Hey Alexander,

I too had this idea, so I sent an email off to Gossamer Gear. Within a few hours, I got a reply saying the following:

"if you have the LT4’s with the strap option we’ll soon have a camera mount option/attachment for them. Basically you’ll remove the strap and screw in the mount."

Leki has a feature like this as well.

I didn't get the strap option myself, so I might send my non-strap ones in and do a swap.

I could just try putting a bolt into the top of one of the handles. If I can prop up my pole by lashing it on to my bag or nearby rocks, etc.—and have it stay up—it would be a pretty light camera support option; it would only necessitate the marginal cost of one bolt and some of my time/frustration.