15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kent C.
(kent) - M

Locale: High Sierra
15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 02:26:11 MST Print View

Just got a catalog; discount is on selected items/colors; good 'til Jan 31.

(no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I own one shirt and have only worn it once, in town, not even on trail! Did like it though.)

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 09:52:55 MST Print View

It doesn't show it on the sale page, but the eco-mesh shirt is $20 for birch. I believe this is the shirt that most people associate RailRiders with. I got my shirt last week. I can't wait to use it on the trail.

Jim W.
(jimqpublic) - MLife

Locale: So-Cal
Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 12:45:02 MST Print View

I've been eying the Regulator Wind Shirt but the Eco-Mesh is just too good a deal... so I bought both. $40 for the Regulator and $20 for the Eco.

Adam Criswell
(macrophyllum) - F

Locale: Northern California
15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 13:28:47 MST Print View

Thanks for the heads up Kent, just picked up an ecomesh shirt for 20$! I figured I would never find one on sale.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 14:01:55 MST Print View

Jim Q...

So the wife hasn't seen the credit card bill yet? :)

Actually I like the Adventure shirt a little better because it has 3 buttons at the neck and buttons on the sleeve. But since I usually wear mine for several days at a time without taking it off, it really doesn't matter that much.

Unfortunately the back of my Adventure shirt turned black from the mesh of my Murmur pack the first time I wore it... guess I should have gone online and read the directions :(

Been waiting for it to go on sale. But even with the sale price, 2 Eco-mesh shirts are the same price as one Adventure shirt, so I bought two of the eco-mesh.

I also recommend the eco-mesh pants for warm weather hiking. This is what I wear in the desert when it is hot.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/12/2010 14:10:46 MST Print View

+1 on the eco-mesh pants. I wear them through three seaons. Love 'em. I only stop backpacking in them when it's time to put the RAB vapor rise pants on for cold weather.

If you buy them, though, a quick hint. Make sure you zip up the sides before washing, especially if you're washing them with anything that has velcro. Protect that mesh!

David Mann
(dmann) - F

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Re: Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/13/2010 12:32:00 MST Print View

Nick,

"Unfortunately the back of my Adventure shirt turned black from the mesh of my Murmur pack the first time I wore it... guess I should have gone online and read the directions :("

I just ordered two Adventure Shirts(the Eco-Mesh was sold out...). Is the dye bleeding an issue with the pack or the shirt? I'm assuming it's the pack, but I just wanna make sure.

Thanks!

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: Re: 15 - 65% off at RailRiders.com on 01/13/2010 12:56:40 MST Print View

David,

It is the black mesh panel on the backpack. GG's site said a small number of their packs had this problem. It is recommended that a new pack be soaked in hot water and then air dried.

David Mann
(dmann) - F

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Thanks on 01/16/2010 14:11:58 MST Print View

Thanks Nick!

Joe L
(heyyou) - MLife

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr
More than meets the eye on 01/17/2010 18:42:21 MST Print View

At the RR website, there is more on sale than listed in the "sale" category. For each garment in the not-on-sale area, click on the price & availability tab to see which specific colors are priced for clearance and which are not. It is close-out colors that are marked down, mingled with regular prices on the rest of the inventory.