Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Walking Across America
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike Wilbourn
(mikewalks) - F
Walking Across America on 01/08/2010 00:03:40 MST Print View

I will be walking the northern United States starting March 20th. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done anything like this? I have a website for the walk with all the info. I will not post the link unless requested, I don't want to be a spammer. The full walk will be 3,565 miles.

(EDIT)

I will be walking from Oregon To Washington DC via Roads and trails. I know about the American discovery trail but I will be making a documentary about the people I meet so I want to walk roads mainly.

Edited by mikewalks on 01/08/2010 00:07:36 MST.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: Walking Across America on 01/08/2010 01:12:59 MST Print View

please post your website. I'm curious.

Did you know that the ADT has a lot of road walking? And it's not freeways, so you're likely to meet even more people on the road.

Andrew Skurka has walked a northern route across the country. He might respond. His website is andrewskurka.com

March 20th is a very early start date! How long are you planning on taking?

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Re: Walking Across America on 01/08/2010 01:19:42 MST Print View

Peace Pilgrim crossed the U.S. many times starting in the 1950's,wearing a sign on her back about her walking for peace and carrying only a comb,toothbrush and a pad of paper and pen.She did this for almost 30 years.

Mike Wilbourn
(mikewalks) - F
Website on 01/08/2010 03:14:51 MST Print View

My website is http://mikewalksamerica.com/ if you want to check it out!

Angela Zukowski
(AngelaZ) - F

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Re: Walking Across America on 01/08/2010 07:25:00 MST Print View

Peter Jenkins wrote a book about his walk. It's called A Walk Across America. I imagine you've seen it. It's probably one of the first things that pops up on google for this subject.

Mike Wilbourn
(mikewalks) - F
Re on 01/08/2010 12:35:32 MST Print View

Yes, I have read that book. I will be filming the walk with a RED Scarlet and will edit together a documentary when I am done. The film will be called "Asphalt And Blisters".