Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Duomid guy line lengths
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jim MacDiarmid
(jrmacd) - MLife
Duomid guy line lengths on 01/06/2010 06:40:29 MST Print View

To what lengths are you cutting your guy lines, Duomid users?

Thanks.

Chad Miller
(chadnsc)

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota
Duomid guyline lengths. on 01/06/2010 13:29:41 MST Print View

I keep the perimeter guylines at 2', the mid panel gulines at 5', and one guyline at 10' incase I want to tie the peak up to an overhead branch.

Jim MacDiarmid
(jrmacd) - MLife
Re: Duomid guyline lengths. on 01/07/2010 06:40:36 MST Print View

Thanks, that seems reasonable. I was hoping there'd be enough left over to use to hang the peak, as you suggested.

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Re: Duomid guyline lengths. on 01/07/2010 08:12:11 MST Print View

I'm probably about the same as Chad...maybe a bit shorter on the corners (12" or so) but ~4' on the sides. Seems to work fine for the height of my trekking pole.

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Re :"Duomid guy line lengths" on 01/07/2010 08:32:11 MST Print View

Mine are 10" for all ground level tie-outs, except the centre ones on the long sides. These are 3' to allow for an 'eyebrow' to be raised in good weather for more ventilation.
The end mid-panel guys are 5', and the long side mid-panel guys are 6.5'. My corner guys are a different colour for ease of pitching in stormy weather.

Andrew Richardson
(arichardson6) - F

Locale: North East
Re :"Duomid guy line lengths" on 01/07/2010 08:53:25 MST Print View

Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering the same thing. Also, what height are you all setting your trekking pole for?

Matthew Swierkowski
(Berserker) - F

Locale: Southeast
Guyline lengths and pole height on 01/07/2010 11:07:08 MST Print View

I have yet to get out in the field with mine, but I have set it up in the yard several times to play around with it. My corner lines are about 1', the two side panel lines are about 2', and the "front" (where the door is) and "rear" lines are about 3'. I plan to basically stake the Duomid to the ground (i.e. use the corner guylines, but pull back all the excess line so that the stake is next to the line lock at each corner), and use the front and rear lines to create the brow for ventilation.

As for the pole height, I am setting my pole at it's max height of 140 cm (55.1"). That height setting along with the supplied 6" pole jack allows for a decent pole offset with the corners staked to the ground.

I should be getting out on a hike with this thing in a week or two, and I'll report back if I make any changes to lengths or pole height.