November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Orvis hip waders-- now on sale.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Gray
(ChrisFol) - F

Locale: Denver, Coloado
Orvis hip waders-- now on sale. on 01/04/2010 21:37:11 MST Print View

I don't know how many of you are looking for an affordable pair of waders for those small backcountry streams, but right now Orvis is selling their Silver Label Hippers for $99.

I use these personally, while they are not true lightweight standards-- they are lighter than chest-highs, more packable and at less that a hundred bucks-- they are steel for those who do not want to wet-wade or lug around a cumbersome pair of chest highs.

Edited by ChrisFol on 01/04/2010 21:37:55 MST.

Chris Stewart
(CM_Stewart) - F
How long is the sale? on 01/26/2010 06:48:32 MST Print View

Any idea how long they will be on sale?

I love hippers and am due for a new pair. Have been debating between Orvis and Dan Bailey. Any suggestions/comments?

Chris Gray
(ChrisFol) - F

Locale: Denver, Coloado
Re: How long is the sale? on 01/27/2010 15:33:51 MST Print View

The Orvis rep that I spoke to said that they would be on sale until the sizes have ran out. If you want a lighter option then their wet-wading sandal is also on sale at $79, down from $120.

I have no experience of Dan Bailey and thus, I cannot comment. I do however own a pair of Orvis' Silver Label Hippers and have done for many years with no problems. Their lifetime warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee is also second to none.

If you want a cheaper option for hippers then some of my friends purchased Cabelas' Three Forks Hip Waders and they have held up well over three-seasons and they have said nothing but good things about them, and at $45 the price is hard to beat.