Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Looking for hood pattern

Display Avatars Sort By:
Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Locale: Presence
Looking for hood pattern on 12/18/2009 11:48:28 MST Print View

I'm wanting to make an uninsulated hood for a one-piece suit I have. I searched the forums here and about all I came up w/ is the pattern at Thru-Hiker.

Does anyone know of any other patterns...and preferably one I could print off?

Thanks.

Chris Collins
(hobbitling) - F
hood pattern on 12/18/2009 12:56:15 MST Print View

do you mean an outer wear jumpsuit, or a baselayer. If it's a base layer, a balaclava might work better.

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - M
Looking for hood pattern on 12/18/2009 13:14:10 MST Print View

I have one someone emailed me.

Took forever as it was linked several times in a thread with dead links and whatnot, but finally someone that had made one was nice enough to send it directly to me.

PM me with your eamil address and I will send it to you.

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Outer layer on 12/18/2009 13:42:27 MST Print View

Chris,

It's an outer layer suit...an older Gore-Tex Marmot I found yesterday at a second hand store for $25. It's in excellent shape but missing the snap-on hood.

Troy,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, guys.

rusty

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

Nice pattern. Thanks! on 12/18/2009 14:16:15 MST Print View

Thanks Troy. I appreciate the pattern. That will come in handy when I build a balaclava.

For this particular project though, I was hoping to find a pattern for a hood...the type of hood found attached to jackets (shells, parkas, etc).

rusty

Rusty Beaver
(rustyb) - F

I found one! on 12/19/2009 11:30:31 MST Print View

Someone else directed me to to a specific page for a printable pattern. After going to the guys website and translating, I found a treasure chest of info, patterns and how-to's for the do-it-yourselfer.

I thought I'd share. http://translate.google.se/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andersj.se&sl=sv&tl=en&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8