So whats the opportunity of a lifetime
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Locale: Western Australia
So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 20:11:59 MST Print View

Anyone have any insider info as to what the opportunity of a lifetime is that is advertised on the home page?

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 20:28:06 MST Print View

No idea. Joining Skurka? Joining the wilderness trekking school staff? Getting to be first in line for the next run of the Hane? Being moderator for the new UL weapons and backpacking thread?

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 20:55:05 MST Print View

It's actually a combination of all the things Doug said. ; )

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 21:04:59 MST Print View

Great, I'll take one of each :)

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 21:45:24 MST Print View

It appears to be the option to get a lifetime membership to BPL. I have to say I preferred calling it BPL infinity. :)

Mark McLauchlin
(markmclauchlin) - MLife

Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/12/2009 21:58:44 MST Print View

Where did you get that info from Devin? Somewhere on the BPL site?

Ryan Linn
(ryan.c.linn)

Locale: Maine!
Re: Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 06:12:56 MST Print View

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to ask about this. I've been wondering for a while, but I'm content to wait and see. Although I will check the site every five minutes to see when they update...

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Re : So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 06:30:43 MST Print View

I can't actually see it. My adblocking software has decided i don't want to read it. :)

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 06:49:43 MST Print View

Devin is pretty close although there are probably some unique benefits. ;-)

Edited by simplespirit on 12/13/2009 06:59:51 MST.

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 08:39:48 MST Print View

>Where did you get that info from Devin? Somewhere on the BPL site?

If you click on "My Account," there's a line where you have an option to "Join as a Lifetime Member Now." The link just goes to the yearly membership page now, but I imagine that's going to change.

The winners of the photo contest appear to be the first lifetime members.

Edited by dsmontgomery on 12/13/2009 08:41:29 MST.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 09:08:34 MST Print View

Holy deduction skills, Batman!

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/13/2009 10:47:17 MST Print View

I think I just spend too much time on the site.

Given that, I am intrigued by the deepening enigma... what on earth could a membership squared look like? God help us if BPL contemplates a membership! (that's a membership factorial) :)

Andy Berner
(Berner9) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/15/2009 12:43:54 MST Print View

I just noticed its been changed to "membership2"(squared)

Also there was an article late last night or this morning about "Going light with the your heaviest thing: you."

It was about eating/living smarter and healthier.

I liked it. Where did that one go?

Edited by Berner9 on 12/15/2009 12:50:34 MST.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Re: Re: So whats the opportunity of a lifetime on 12/15/2009 12:48:15 MST Print View

Andy- I believe that's due to be published this week. You probably just caught an early glimpse.