How to shoot great photos
Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
How to shoot great photos on 12/07/2009 22:17:22 MST Print View

Often photography and comedy share one requirement :timing.
Occasionally that is totally accidental.
Here is a good example :
Squirrell

Melissa Brandts and her husband, Jackson, of Minneapolis, Minnesota, were taking a time delay picture of themselves in front of a lake at Canada's Banff National Park when the squirrel jumped into the frame / NationalGeographic.com

Franco

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
How to shoot great photos? on 12/07/2009 22:37:01 MST Print View

Always have your camera ready!
Black Bear running threw camp...What just happened?-What?

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
How to Shoot Great Video on 12/07/2009 22:42:36 MST Print View

A tangent, but this is a great write up on how to shoot great video on trips.

How to Film

Alexander Laws
(goldenmeanie) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
how to... on 12/09/2009 18:21:14 MST Print View

F8 and be there... sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Gabriel Slatton
(Fishfinger) - F
lots of bears on 12/25/2009 15:53:03 MST Print View

Always have that camera handy is my motobears in camp

Wouldn't you know it. I had schooled my girl friend about what to do if you see a bear ( she is new to the wild high country) and she broke every rule in the book when she saw this Mother bear and cubs. She followed them and got about 15 real close up shots like this. Mom bear is eating the chili I discarded from the night before about 300 feet from camp and down a ravine. Christy says the Mom passed near the camp and she followed her, Then the cubs showed up. I was over fishing at the nearby lake and missed this. I did see all of these bears about a half hour later on the other side of the lake where I was at. Good thing Mama bear never looked up and saw her. She is one quite sneaky little woman.

Edited by Fishfinger on 12/25/2009 15:59:05 MST.

Gabriel Slatton
(Fishfinger) - F
we saw the deer in October on 12/25/2009 16:05:46 MST Print View

5 deer

We were taking a break near Piute Lake and they suddenly showed up on the train. I got a few poor shots and then slipped and made a bunch of noise. they bolted and ran full speed down into the lake.

Gabriel Slatton
(Fishfinger) - F
swimming deer on 12/25/2009 16:08:29 MST Print View

Piute lake deer bath

The deer ran straight into the water and swam about half way out into the lake and then turned around and came back. It was really amazing to watch. Just wait until I get a REAL camera and learn how to use it. This is from my 7 year old P&S.