Subscribe Forums Newsletter Facebook Twitter
Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jon Solomon
(areality) - F - MLife

Locale: Lyon/Taipei
Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT on 03/28/2006 05:54:13 MST Print View

These tents are selling for 50% off retail price on the Big Agnes website.

www.bigagnes.com

I take this as a sign that BA is going to have to discontinue making the eVENT models of the Sarvis tents.

James Schipper
(monospot) - MLife
big agnes sarvis on 04/03/2006 12:17:19 MDT Print View

I think they may just be making room for the new models. See link below.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/big_agnes_seedhouse_sl_sarvis_updates_orsm05.html

Or maybe those are just the regular version and the eVENT version is being canceled. With all the lighter eVENT jackets I was hoping there would be more tent options, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by monospot on 04/03/2006 12:21:53 MDT.

Steven Hanlon
(asciibaron) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Sarvis SL eVENT tents on 04/05/2006 06:27:13 MDT Print View

when i bought my Sarvis SL1 two weeks ago, they had about 100 of them left. they had to discontinue the eVENT line because the fabric's manufacturer no longer is allowing eVENT to be used in tent construction.

i am very pleased with the design and quality of the tent. for some it's a stone, but for me, it's 2.5 POUNDS lighter than my old tent, is free standing, and is a heck of a value.

the tent has good ventilation and is plenty roomy for me and some crap - i'm just a tad over 6 feet. the vestibule is smaller than my other tent.

-steve

Jeff Black
(thehikingdude) - F
Re: Sarvis SL eVENT tents on 04/18/2006 15:35:56 MDT Print View

Hi Steve,

What have you found the pack weight for the Sarvis SL1 eVent to be?

-jeff

Steven Hanlon
(asciibaron) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
pack weight on 04/19/2006 09:48:37 MDT Print View

using 7 stakes (not the full 11) it weighs just under 50 ounces. for me, it's worth the weight to be able to have some room. great venting and enough head room for me.

this weekend will be the first trip using it - looking forward to it.

-steve