Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: Bearikade Expedition

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
FS: Bearikade Expedition on 12/03/2009 12:08:16 MST Print View

Rock solid Bear and Critter protection for your food. In excellent condition- $240.00 shipped in CONUS. Want to trade for a Bearikade Scout if possible.

PM if interested

Mike Klinefelter
(mjkline)

Locale: Southern California
Expedition on 12/03/2009 12:43:48 MST Print View

What, you're not going on any long trips anymore?

Roleigh Martin
(marti124) - MLife

Locale: Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
Re: FS: Bearikade Expedition on 12/03/2009 14:50:18 MST Print View

PM Sent

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Re-FS: Bearikade Expedition on 12/03/2009 16:11:32 MST Print View

Mike, I will be going one long trip next season. I just find the Expedition is too large and ways to much (38oz)..I think the Scout is perfect my up coming planned trips.
I did the JMT with Expedition...I think it was a Overkill.

Scott Bentz
(scottbentz) - MLife

Overkill on 12/03/2009 17:51:04 MST Print View

Jay,

I was wondering how many resupplies (if any) you had on your JMT hike. We did a 14 day trip with a resupply in Vermillion and then 1.5 days later at Muir. We were using Scouts and did not have enough room for our food for the first 1.5 days leaving Muir.

I was just wondering how you did it. Next time I go I'll probably just use an Expedition and not resupply at Muir (I did not like that stop). We couldn't do that with a Scout.

Thanks,
Scott

Mike Klinefelter
(mjkline)

RE: Bearikade Expedition on 12/03/2009 23:31:11 MST Print View

Jay, thanks for your input on that. I have an expedition and a weekender and I used the expedition this summer on a 9-day (8-night) trip in the southern Sierra. The Expedition worked great for that trip and I used a ULA Catalyst so fitting it in was no problem. The combo of the Expedition and the Catalyst is definitely not UL, but for being out 9 days without resupply, it seemed to work well. The weekender worked great for a 4-day (3-night) trip that my wife and I took from Tuolumne to Agnew this summer. The single canister was perfect for the 2 of us. I think I'll keep my expedition for those longer unsupported Sierra trips, but the Scout sure does sound nice for the shorter trips.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

FS: Bearikade Expedition- Resupply options. on 12/04/2009 09:12:42 MST Print View

Hey Scott, I only resupplied once at VVR..Knowing what I know now - I could bring just 3 days of food at first and then be able to resupply at Reds Meadows for a another two to three days to VVR. But after VVR there is the long hall of 6-7 days of food...In addition to my Scout I would also use the PCT Bear Bagging setup.

-Jay

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

FS: Bearikade Expedition-SOLD on 12/04/2009 09:15:47 MST Print View

Sold to Roliegh Martin-Thanks