I am currently pursuing a masters degree in Business Management, but i will be managing NO BUSINESSES! I will be teaching community college business classes to small classes of students in my medium sized town (40-50,000). I view this career as ideal for several reasons:
1. More time with family (summers off, federal holidays, etc)
2. Since I will not be teaching children, I do not have to deal with parents, you dont come to my class, you fail. =)
3. Be your own Boss, as a teacher, you are the boss of your world.
4. Work fewer hours, make decent money.
5. More time hiking w/ family, my son was born this year, having summers off to take him on all those trips i never got to go to, will hopefully be rewarding for the whole family.
6. Im sure if i wish to pursue a PHD, it would be cheaper for a professor to do so.
7. You have the ability to make a difference, instead of just producing goods.
As the above poster said, Being a teacher is a great idea, you just have to be able to handle being on stage and being prepared for teaching.