Golite Paradox or other similar waterproof softshell pants?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Golite Paradox or other similar waterproof softshell pants? on 11/30/2009 11:51:47 MST Print View

Anyone tried these? They might be a good solution for me although the Paradox in a medium is getting scarce. Any other options you guys have tried?

I've got a couple other pairs of non-WP softshell pants but I do want WP for this test.

Kathleen B
(rosierabbit) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Golite Paradox Pants on 11/30/2009 15:02:38 MST Print View

Take a look at my review here from a few years ago. I found with use they are not real great in warm weather (over 75?) because they don't breathe well and tend to get hot. Other than that, my review still holds. I actually ended up giving them to my daughter recently, because I prefer to wear thorofare pants, and during wet times, just add a rain skirt, because it's so fast. I'm still working on the dork factor of the rain skirt, however.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=8537&skip_to_post=61607#61607

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Golite Paradox on 11/30/2009 15:52:11 MST Print View

I bought some from STP, and thought the fit was really strange. They seemed really tight around the knees, of all things. Maybe I just got a bad pair.

Christopher Plesko
(Pivvay) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Golite Paradox Pants on 11/30/2009 18:42:26 MST Print View

I'm hoping to try them on at the sale on Friday. They won't be used in temps above ~40 deg and more likely it will be below zero F.