Can you suffocate in a sleeping bag?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Gregg Martell
(gmartell) - F

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Re: Re: Flattened insulation on 11/24/2009 19:25:50 MST Print View

It's 600 down, so that may be the difference. I believe WM bags area all 750+? I'm a cold sleeper, so any loss of warmth is felt!

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Cold nose on 11/24/2009 19:41:23 MST Print View

This thread makes me think of the one problem I seem to have in cold weather - so I cinch everything down except my face, and I wake up in the middle of the night with a freezing nose. The solution I have found is to wear a beanie and pull it over my eyes and nose, but it is not a great solution. Anyone have any better ideas?

Greg Foster
(thefost) - MLife
RE on 11/25/2009 09:49:11 MST Print View

Thanks for the responses everyone =]

I tend to roll from side to side a lot, so its much easier for me to roll within the bag without actually moving the whole bag. Maybe I should just try to learn to sleep on my back again (last time I gave up after about 5 days of sleep deprivation).

Christopher - Maybe you would prefer a balaclava?

Chris Collins
(hobbitling) - F
sleeping bag snorkel on 11/25/2009 10:01:55 MST Print View

how about a snorkel or breathing tube?

You could get one of those CPAP nose cones that they give to people with sleep apnea, and just thread the hose out your sleeping bag "vent"

j lan
(justaddfuel) - F

Locale: MN
Re: RE Learning to sleep on back on 11/25/2009 10:16:57 MST Print View

As a pretty dedicated side sleeper, lately I have been practicing sleeping on my back and have found the greatest help to be putting a pillow/bunched up clothes under my knees. This helps immensely.

Jay

Mark Stalbird
(Off-road) - F
You beat me to it. on 11/26/2009 08:32:27 MST Print View

As previously mentioned....i also found great success staying and sleeping well on my back by placing items such as shoes,clothing and even my entire backpack under by pad where my knees rest.

I now do this at home also and usually wake-up in the same position i fell asleep in.

Edited by Off-road on 11/26/2009 08:36:58 MST.