Forum Index » Gear Deals » Extra 22% off @ REI Outlet

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: WNC
Extra 22% off @ REI Outlet on 11/18/2009 05:11:00 MST Print View

Only applies to Mountain Hardwear and Marmot. Ends 11/19. Code OUT2DAY

They have the men's and women's Essence rain coat in the outlet.

Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
$62.95 Essence Jacket, not bad! on 11/18/2009 14:35:33 MST Print View

I was getting ready for work today and saw your post. Unfortunately, I already ordered the Marmot Essence jackets two weeks ago and got them over the weekend. Sadly, REI does not offer a certain amount of time where they allow you to retroactivate a discount on a item you had bought recently. I know most places I shop at give a two week window, but I completely understand their policy and think that its fair. That still doesn't change the fact that I reordered them today and returned the ones that I received this weekend :P The great thing about it is that not only did I get get 22% off, but I had another two coupon codes that worked in combination with the one which gave me an additional 15% off. Some manager gave my girlfriend and I coupons last Wednesday for attending one of their many free night time demonstrations/seminars thingies. This one happened to be about cold weather cooking. I did not think that they would work with these items or on any sale items for that matter, but I always say its worth giving it a try and testing out these sorts of things in case there is a glitch. Well, in this case I am glad that I did! I wish the code could have been used more that once or on more than one item at a time. However, it only gave me a discount on one of the items in my cart. Therefore, I put my first order in and tested out the same coupon code again, but the system told me that it had already been submitted towards a purchase and was no longer vaild. Regardless, I used the other code that I had to buy my girlfriend a jacket too. I tried to use that one again as well, but the darn system recognized that I used it just moments ago. I guess Ill just have to be happy with getting the two items at a further discount :) Grand total for each jacket $62.95 + tax. P.S. As soon as I checked my email to see that the order went through, REI had finally sent me the 22% off ad, thank you just the same ;)

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: $62.95 Essence Jacket, not bad! on 11/18/2009 14:55:30 MST Print View

Just out of curiosity, how'd you get $62.95? I ordered it today with the 22% off, and the total (with free shipping to the store) came to $77.80 with tax. REI had the jacket listed at $150, on sale for $94.93, and with the 22% off, it comes to $74.13.

Edit: Oops, missed your extra 15% coupon. My bad.

Edited by T.L. on 11/18/2009 15:05:04 MST.

Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
Re: Re: $62.95 Essence Jacket, not bad! on 11/18/2009 15:18:13 MST Print View

I dont know if your REI has an event calender, but if they do, you might want to try going to one of their demonstrations. The manager gave these out to the other people that were there too, it wasn't like he gave them to me on the side or anything like that even though we are on a first name basis due to me buying things from them so frequently and just going in to look around. Regardless, if you happen to bump along one of them, there is a picture of a sun rising in the backround and a weighed down pine tree branch covered in snow as the main focus. Keep an eye out for them ;) Im going to see if I can get more at the next meeting that I am interested in. I will try to convince the manager to give me a couple of more if he still has any since he knows I am a regular at the store. If I dont use all of them myself, Ill be glad to post the codes that I still have available. The jacket is still perfect with an extra 22% discount, you practically get it 50% off of its retail value :D Don't you just love saying and hearing that. 50% off...these might just be my two favorite words in the English language. One more time...50% off. Ok just once more...50% off. Ill shut up now :)

Joseph Morrison
(sjdm4211) - F

Locale: Smokies
"Extra 22% off @ REI Outlet" on 11/19/2009 20:47:54 MST Print View

I am glad I saw this thread tonight.

I just put a order in for the Essence jacket.

With the 20% off coupon the jacket was 79.77 w/ tax. Just so happens that is the exact amount of REI store credit that I had. Fate?

Thanks alot Chris!

Joseph.

Edited by sjdm4211 on 11/19/2009 20:48:31 MST.

Tim Testa
(MichaelRedbeard) - F
What color did everyone get? on 11/19/2009 23:55:45 MST Print View

I originally got a blue for me and a green for my girlfriend, but I changed my mind when I reordered them the second time around and got 2 green ones in Medium instead.

Edited by MichaelRedbeard on 11/20/2009 17:45:11 MST.

Jamie Shortt
(jshortt) - MLife

Locale: North Carolina
re: Extra 22% off @ REI Outlet on 11/20/2009 17:40:28 MST Print View

The last thing I needed was another rain jacket...I've got a Precip, dri-ducks, golite virga, and OR Zealot...but I just could not resist this deal.

I purchased a size large in the green color. I prefer my jackets on the roomy side.

Jamie

Mark Keown
(aarnbodypacks) - F

Locale: NZ
~ on 11/20/2009 21:05:07 MST Print View

~ Rod Cheers for that.

Edited by aarnbodypacks on 11/20/2009 21:49:43 MST.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
spam? on 11/20/2009 21:21:51 MST Print View

This is a thread about an REI discount, and is NOT the place for you to post about a line of packs unrelated to this thread, and in which you apparently have a financial interest.

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Geez, they're quick here! on 11/20/2009 21:32:08 MST Print View

Hey Dave,

Go easy, it's only his 4th post here. As has been the case with the many cottage manufacturers and retailers who post at BPL, it's perfectly legit to post, especially on Gear Deals, as long as they declare their interest.

Mark looks like he's doing that with his user name, and probably quite inadvertently added his Gear Deal to an existing thread, rather than starting a new one. We all know BPL isn't the most intuitive interface.

Rod

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Extra 22% off on 11/20/2009 21:50:13 MST Print View

Darn - I didn't see it but would like to learn more about the availability of AARN packs in the US.....

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
aarn. on 11/20/2009 22:10:06 MST Print View

Rod,

I hear you, but 3 of his only 4 posts have been basically an ad for Aarn packs. On this REI Discount thread (totally unrelated), on a winter pack thread (semi related), and in another (great spot for it!) Aarn pack thread.

Gear deals is a great place for folks to hype their own gear. Other threads aren't, at least without an obvious disclaimer.

Anyway, no worries. Just didn't want to see another Aarn backpack post at the end of an "REI discount for rain jackets" thread.

Mark Keown
(aarnbodypacks) - F

Locale: NZ
Sorry REI on 11/20/2009 22:57:37 MST Print View

Sorry REI - will respect your space
Created new thread: Biomechanics - Packs

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: What color did everyone get? on 11/21/2009 00:51:51 MST Print View

Green in medium!

Joseph Morrison
(sjdm4211) - F

Locale: Smokies
Re: Re: What color did everyone get? on 11/21/2009 07:23:00 MST Print View

The green was out of stock in my size :(. I ordered the blue.

Joseph