Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Possum down washing?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
Possum down washing? on 11/15/2009 22:50:56 MST Print View

I bought a pair of Possum down socks and wanted to know how I should wash them. I threw away the tag it came with by accident.

JJ Mathes
(JMathes) - F

Locale: Southeast US
washing possum down socks on 11/16/2009 08:43:04 MST Print View

I wash mine in cold water and hang to dry, the instruction said not to put them in the dryer

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Possum down washing? on 11/16/2009 10:32:06 MST Print View

Instructions that came with my socks say: warm hand wash, warm rinse well. do not bleach. do not tumble dry. drycleanable. YMMV.

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
Warshing (as Mom used to say) them possum socks on 11/16/2009 13:35:44 MST Print View

>Instructions that came with my socks say: warm hand wash, warm rinse well. do not bleach. do not tumble dry. drycleanable. YMMV.

I do it in just this way when the socks crawl out of my backpack on their own and beg to be washed. (In other words, they're warm, but they are -- like the gloves -- a tad fragile.

Trim your toenails -- seriously.

Stargazer

P. S. Love these guys for sleeping, but I wouldn't hike in them unless all my other socks were infected with the Ebola virus. :-)

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE socks on 11/16/2009 19:44:01 MST Print View

Thanks for all the info. I just got mine and I'm wearing them around the house to try them out before I use them out in the field. I mainly got them to sleep in since my feet always tend to be a little cold in my Marmot Atom sleeping bag.