Forum Index » Chaff » You sir, are a dumb$$$

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: WNC
You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 16:58:56 MST Print View

I went out this weekend to cover a section of the GA AT with Jim Bailey. As we were coming out to cross a forest service road we ran in to this:

Yes, this tool parked his Land Rover right on the AT. I was just going to take a picture of the Disco on the trail but Jim thought it would be funnier to pull a Calvin on the front bumper. There was plenty of parking in the area and thanks to this trail blockage we had to cut through some briers.

Edited by simplespirit on 11/08/2009 17:00:33 MST.

Jack Newton
(figster) - F

Locale: Central Arkansas
Easy on 11/08/2009 17:01:21 MST Print View

Ya'll went easy on that fellow.

Lucky.

Jack

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Re: Easy on 11/08/2009 17:03:10 MST Print View

I was thinking earlier today that we should've called a tow truck but we wouldn't be able to laugh about that as much.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Easy on 11/08/2009 17:08:54 MST Print View

That bozo probably did the same thing before he left for his 'hike'. NBD to him....

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 17:41:48 MST Print View

A nice steaming turd on the hood would have been nice as well.

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 17:42:45 MST Print View

Works better if you stand on the roof, and get the door handles.

Lynn Tramper
(retropump) - F

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
Re: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 17:53:22 MST Print View

I would have been inclined to sprinkle some cayenne pepper on the driver's door handle.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 19:01:27 MST Print View

This group of hunters set up their large wall tent and encampment directly on the CDT in Colorado.

adsfqwer

They were set up a few miles down the trail from an RV encampment of hunters who were set up directly on the trail as well. Those guys purposefully hid the trail and lied about which way we were supposed to go when we were lost due to their deceit. They were also illegally riding their ATVs on the CDT. Sometimes I find hunters to be disrespectful aholes.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 20:57:32 MST Print View

...I'm guessing you didn't pee on their vehicles?

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/08/2009 21:30:29 MST Print View

Looks like he is hitting the bumper to me....

P. P.
(toesnorth) - F

Locale: PNW
Same problem last year........... on 11/08/2009 21:51:11 MST Print View

We got to within 2 miles of a trailhead but the forest service road was blocked by a pickup. The road is barely wide enough for 1 vehicle, with a cliff on one side and a drop off on the other. Our choices were to back down to a place where we could park safely (approximately another 3 miles down) which would give us a 5 mile hike just to the trailhead, or declare the trip derailed.
There was no note on the truck, only a few scattered price tags from clothing and gear in the truck bed.
After hiking up to the trailhead (where there is plenty of parking and no one was there), there were no new cards filled out so we had no idea how long the person planned to be up there.
We backed all the way down the mountain, took another forest service road and took a different trail.
I took a picture of the truck and plate and called it in when we got back. I have no idea why he left his truck where he did but there were no reports later of missing hikers or abandoned vehicles.
Probably just a real tool.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/09/2009 08:10:06 MST Print View

Surprised your titanium spork didn't "accidentally" scrape against his car when you had to pass so close ; ).

Keith Selbo
(herman666) - F

Locale: Northern Virginia
Huh? on 11/09/2009 08:38:05 MST Print View

I've seen my share of disrespect for hikers in my time, but I gotta say, this doesn't look like one of them. Looks like a parking lot and the guy happened to park where the trail comes into the lot. I've encountered same in dozens of trail head lots. Instead of peeing on them, we usually just walk around them. I save my pee for the hunters, the crappers, the litterers etc.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Re: Huh? on 11/09/2009 08:45:16 MST Print View

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there hadn't been a ton of parking in the area and his parking job didn't force hikers to go through briers to get around his vehicle.

Jonathan Ryan
(Jkrew81) - F - M

Locale: White Mtns
Re: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/09/2009 13:02:05 MST Print View

Nice going Jimbo! Nothing like emptying your "Platypus" on a disrespectful jerk who apparently is more important than the rest of us.

jim bailey
(florigen) - F - M

Locale: South East
You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/09/2009 14:10:11 MST Print View

Sometimes emptying a water bottle at the right angle & getting a photo of it is all it takes to make a point of how you felt at the time.

Thanks for posting Chris

Jesse Glover
(hellbillylarry) - F

Locale: southern appalachians
CARma on 11/10/2009 18:43:16 MST Print View

No need to call a tow truck, and we already know he is a dumba$$ for driving a Disco. He probably didn't make it all the way home.

Jack H.
(Found) - F

Locale: Sacramento, CA
Re: Huh? on 11/10/2009 19:28:52 MST Print View

"Looks like a parking lot and the guy happened to park where the trail comes into the lot."

Agreed. Perhaps he parked when the lot was full and was still out hiking when most people had emptied out of their car. Regardless, it's a parking lot, not a big deal.

Jonathan DeYoung
(jdeyoung81) - F

Locale: New England
RE: You sir, are a dumb$$$ on 11/11/2009 15:21:42 MST Print View

Classic... When i first saw the photo via e-mail it was left out that you were draining a playpus and not the lizard

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Re: Re: Huh? on 11/11/2009 15:28:57 MST Print View

It is NOT a parking lot. It's a turnaround on a forest service road. I won't say what I think about that.