Forum Index » Chaff » BPA: Containers - No. Credit Card Receipts – Yes

Display Avatars Sort By:
Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
BPA: Containers - No. Credit Card Receipts – Yes on 11/08/2009 08:04:04 MST Print View

After returning from some outdoor forays I was getting caught up on some reading to discover ---

"...the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry has released preliminary results showing that some credit card and cash register receipts have 60 to 100 milligrams of BPA per receipt, well above the nanogram values leached from containers..."

Google --- warner babcock bpa receipts --- and enjoy the ride, or look here for a leading article.

Sometimes things just aren't as simple as we hope.

Where will we happen to look next?

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: BPA: Containers - No. Credit Card Receipts – Yes on 11/08/2009 09:51:10 MST Print View

Is this the better living through chemistry we were promised?

Crazy report you linked.
I read stuff like this and can't help but feel that there is a complete and utter breakdown of any sort of health regulation in our lives. Government is totally failing people in this regard.
How the hell is an average citizen (like myself) supposed to know what myriad of chemicals they're being exposed to every day?
Disgusting.
I guess it comes down to what it always comes down to: making that almighty dollar- health, lives, environment be damned.

Edited by xnomanx on 11/08/2009 10:06:59 MST.