Pretty funny..
Display Avatars Sort By:
Justin Chaussee
(judach) - F

Locale: Earth
Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 12:12:27 MST Print View

Most of you have probably seen this, but I stumbled across this video last night while I was bored. This guy really hates tarptents! Not to mention doesn't even know how to pitch one... (It's a 2 part series, but you can get the gist of it by watching this one video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2dKsLdHWg

Jeff Antig
(Antig)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 12:17:55 MST Print View

Excuse the vulgarity but that guy is seriously a dumbass.

Justin Chaussee
(judach) - F

Re: Re: Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 12:44:14 MST Print View

"Excuse the vulgarity but that guy is seriously a dumbass"

-Yeah, I agree. I pitty him actually. He seems like one of those "set in their ways" people who fear change.

Zack Karas
(iwillchopyou@hotmail.com) - MLife

Locale: Lake Tahoe
wow on 11/02/2009 12:54:32 MST Print View

"That's a bunch of bullpoo!". Too funny. His tone of voice sums him up pretty well. I just about crapped myself when I got a view of his appearance--not at all what I was expecting.

Jason Klass
(jasonklass) - F

Locale: Parker, CO
LMAO on 11/02/2009 14:19:33 MST Print View

I thought this was a parody for the first couple of minutes. What the heck kind of pitch was that? Plus, his video actually disproves his own point. Clearly, the silnylon beaded up.

Larry Dyer
(veriest1) - F

Locale: Texas
Two words. on 11/02/2009 14:31:50 MST Print View

So sad.

Miguel Arboleda
(butuki) - MLife

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan
Re: Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 15:29:47 MST Print View

Brother. That was painful.

"Zzzzzziiiippppp!"

A two part series? You actually watched more of it???

Justin Chaussee
(judach) - F

Re: Re: Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 15:48:45 MST Print View

It was like a train wreck. I couldn't help but keep watching. At 0100 hrs it was pretty entertaining.

Justin Chaussee
(judach) - F

Re: Re: Re: Pretty funny.. on 11/02/2009 15:51:20 MST Print View

The comments on youtube are pretty funny too. The guy just can't see logic. It's like trying to reason with a drunk; you just won't get anywhere.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Pretty funny on 11/02/2009 16:04:07 MST Print View

LOOK AT HIM! I hope that's a wig. Clean that beard. Gross.

Peter Sustr
(czechxpress) - F - M

Locale: Boulder
pretty funny on 11/02/2009 18:20:12 MST Print View

That guy was hilarious!! Love it how he pitched it

Justin Chaussee
(judach) - F

Re: pretty funny on 11/02/2009 21:03:08 MST Print View

Haha, after watching it again (I know, I know...) did anyone notice he only has one shoe on? He has one bare foot and the other has a sandal on it. haha. What a loon! Hillarious. I can't stop watching it. Someone help!

Luke Ochsenbein
(LukeOchsen) - F

Locale: Ozarks
Pretty Funny on 11/02/2009 22:08:01 MST Print View

Come on Ken, beards and the backcountry go way back! ;)

Even though it is pretty ridiculous, this is a good video if you ask me. It shows what happens when you don't know how to use your gear,

Larry Dyer
(veriest1) - F

Locale: Texas
You're right! on 11/03/2009 01:08:23 MST Print View

Clearly he's more interested in camping than hiking. It's not only evident in his tent choice but in his footwear as well.

I also love how he complains about the tarp tent not shedding water but then goes on to point out that he didn't even experience condensation under it.

Edited by veriest1 on 11/03/2009 01:09:20 MST.

A D
(wentworth) - F
oh dear on 11/03/2009 03:14:18 MST Print View

I thought this video was a joke until I saw the comments. That is the worst pitch I've ever seen!
I'm refraining from commenting.... barely.

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
Stop me before I view again on 11/03/2009 04:25:14 MST Print View

Now come on, folks. This guy has to live in that tent. If your tent was your primary abode, you'd want a wedge tent with a floor, too.

Seriously, though. That's the worst pitch I've ever seen. Didn't the old Virga (is that what it was?) have line tighteners?

Stargazer

P.S. Gotta love that beard. I looked pretty much that way myself -- in 1971.

P.S.S. Let's start the "Buy a New Sandal for the Tent Dude Fund" right away.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Stop me before I view again on 11/03/2009 04:27:07 MST Print View

Be sure to watch his other videos on why you don't want trail runners, what sleeping pads weigh, and ultralight food like flour.

Edited by simplespirit on 11/03/2009 04:27:37 MST.

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

Commonalities on 11/03/2009 04:35:01 MST Print View

Oh, one more thing. What strikes me about this vid is that he is in the mainstream, and we, thank goodness, are not.

We might fight like dogs on this forum over the details, but we really do share more in common than we disagree on.

When I went BPing recently in the Zaleski State Forest, I saw several Boy Scout (and other) tents at the main BPing campsite, and they all looked exactly like the Tent Dude's, even though those Boy Scouts had to trek 17 miles into the forest to get them there.

Occasionally, one of them would wander into my campsite and say something like, "Is that a real tent?" I would let them get in, and smile as they curled up on my sleeping pad. "21 oz," I said to the dad, who was always standing near by. I could see the hunger on his face. He's the one who had to carry the tent 17 miles.

Despite the Tent Dude's hippy beard, we're the rebels, not him.

Stargazer

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

OMG! on 11/03/2009 04:43:35 MST Print View

The Tent Dude has now become one of my favorite humans on the planet (perhaps not for reasons he would appreciate).

His "latest posts" includes "Mauser field assembly VZ24," and one of his favorites is the trailer for Saw VI.

Stargazer

Edited by nerdboy52 on 11/03/2009 04:46:55 MST.

Jack Newton
(figster) - F

Locale: Central Arkansas
Rob Zombie. on 11/03/2009 08:14:56 MST Print View

My lady was impressed that Rob Zombie would review tents on youtube. Where da zombies at, bead job man?

Jack