"Well, keep thinking.
Resources and weather can easily push things to 24 hours. Your throat will close up pretty fast if you are allergic to that sort of thing. If not, you'll be uncomfortable for a while, but still quite functional.
Get an epi pen and know how to use it."
When did I ever say anything about allergic reactions? I specifically said poisonous not allergic. FYI, epi pens do not work for venomous bites.
"How will you know if it's poisonous? Will you know in every case? You get bit, the creature is gone, do you pull the plug on a plb because of a nonpoisonous snake bite?"
Are you saying that you don't know which species of snakes/insects are poisonous and which aren't? If so, you should take some sort of outdoors survival class or just stay home. Furthermore, if you were even slightly informed, you would know that the onset of symptoms from poisonous bites are quite distinct as opposed to nonpoisonous snake bites.