November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pole Set
Display Avatars Sort By:
John Devitt
(cabana) - MLife

Locale: Colorado
Pole Set on 10/24/2009 23:32:18 MDT Print View

I have a golie Hex 2 that I love for shorter hikes, and when I may have to wait out weather. It is the first gen model and I do have the nest for it. Now that my kids are going hiking with me, the thought of being able to set this tent up without the use of a single center pole seem very benifical to me.
I was wondering if it was possible to get a tripod like design set of poles made up to eliminate the center pole. I am sure that some reinforcement fabric would be needed at the points where the poles meet the floor, and perhaps a type of hub at the peak to evenly support the tent.
So, what do think about this? Is it possible? Where would I start? Who could build this? Does tripod need adjustable legs? Thanks for the input!

Edited by cabana on 10/24/2009 23:46:09 MDT.

James Byrnes
(backfeets1) - M

Locale: Midwest.... Missouri
poles...... on 10/25/2009 02:05:55 MDT Print View

Just use 2 poles.