Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas Outdoor Travel Partner(s) - Hiking, Mtn Biking, Camping

Display Avatars Sort By:
Mel B
(MelB_Rysa) - F

Locale: Texas
Texas Outdoor Travel Partner(s) - Hiking, Mtn Biking, Camping on 10/23/2009 22:17:14 MDT Print View

Looking for hiking, biking, camping partner(s) in Texas for state parks and the ranges (Chisos, Guadalupe, Big Bend, Chinati, Franklin, and so on).

I'm (somewhat) newly transplanted to Texas...

For day hiking, etc. I'm touring the Texas state parks one by one every three weekends or so.

Also, there is a recent article on the "mountains" of Texas in the TexasMonthly. While the concept of mountains in Texas is I realize relative there are some promising information in the article.. However, the ranges are really a bit too far to drive to alone for a long weekend trip from Houston.

I'm in Houston but we can meet up in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin or any of the surrounding areas.

Please send me a Personal Message if interested.

Alex H
(abhitt) - MLife

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW
Big Bend Chat on 10/24/2009 06:08:23 MDT Print View

You might go to www.bigbendchat.com it is primarily Texans (many from Houston) with much discussion of state and national parks in Texas other than Big Bend too.